IT Network Architect
Welcome to a business that is thriving around the world, constantly expanding into new countries, providing customer service levels that are second to none. New employees join this multi-billion dollar t/o company and enjoy a range of excellent benefits and hands-on training in a supportive environment with amazing career progression where each employee is keenly encouraged to reach their full potential.
An exciting new opportunity has become available within the IT Infrastructure team for a Network Architect. The position will be based at the European Head Office near Staines, providing local leadership for network solutions and partnering closely with the European and Global IT teams to form global and pan-European strategies around IT network solutions design and delivery.
Primary responsibility of this role is for analysing and translating business needs into processes, designs and solutions that balance the needs of the global technology strategies. We are looking for a technologist, passionate about IT and confident to work with the business to set and influence strategy and technology choices across all IT disciplines, and provide technical leadership within the organization.
The successful candidate will:
- collaborate directly with technology owners, external partner vendors and interact with the end user community.
- be responsible for translating global standards into local solutions through the use of in country technologies and provider services.
- provide technical leadership to the project teams, engineers, other architects, and help to plan technical activities for projects.
- be responsible for assisting with the development of strategic planning for the team as well as focusing on operational and tactical activities.
- enjoy being a technology leader within the team, providing escalation assistance in the event of technology performance issues and recommending potential solutions.
- organisational, communication and customer service skills are vital as there will be multiple efforts and escalations simultaneously. The successful candidate will be highly process orientated.
• Conduct network architecture design, feasibility, and cost studies for solutions.
• Analysis and evaluation of local service provider solutions and develop technology roadmaps
• Ongoing review of current environment technical performance
• Develop and test conceptual solutions to support business requirements
• Collaborate closely with the engineering teams for their technical development
• Work with end users, group management, technical resources and partner organisations to define and develop technical implementations.
• Communicate requirements, set expectations, exercise autonomous decision making as well as ensure deadlines are met
• Actively engage with project teams, coordinate and monitor ongoing activities
• Facilitate regular update meetings, reviews and communication
• Collaboration across functional areas within IT and direct interaction with partner vendor organisations
• Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent combination of education/experience
• CCIE Certification or equivalent qualified preferred
• Experience in Network Design and operational management of IT Infrastructure environments
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated time management and organisational skills
• Self motivated and a team player with exceptional work ethic
• Multi-lingual a plus but not essential (French/Spanish/German)