Market Analyst with Chemicals Background
BRG Enterprise Solutions is a specialist market consultancy serving the global chemical industry from its offices in London, New Jersey, Beijing and New Delhi. We operate through two well established brands: IAL in the Polyurethanes sector, and IRL in the Paints and Coatings sector . We also cover the building product sector through our third brand BRG Building Solutions.
Our clients range from major international manufacturers in all continents to more specialised players. Our offering includes both multi-client services developed around sophisticated database information platforms for market monitoring and forecasting, and bespoke advisory services. BRG Enterprise Solutions offers a friendly, multinational environment with good opportunities for career progression.
We are currently looking to recruit (for an immediate start) a highly-professional analyst with a strong chemical or chemical engineering background, to work on a variety of research projects at our offices in Ealing, West London.
As member of our dynamic and enthusiastic international team, you will be responsible for the collection, analysis and presentation of market information in a variety of chemicals related sectors. The role includes:
- Primary research through high-level interviews with industry experts, both over the phone and face-to-face
- Secondary intelligence gathering including the collection and analysis of supporting statistics (e.g. macro-economic indicators, published statistics etc.)
- Analysing data to a high level of accuracy and formulating concise written reports
- Updating our existing database of market data and company profile information
- Maintaining and expanding our network of contacts in the chemicals industry
- International travel might also be required.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A bachelor or Master’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering. 2-3 years’ work experience would be a bonus, but not essential
- Commitment, self-motivation, an enquiring mind and a genuine interest in the structure and market dynamics in the chemicals sector
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written, including total fluency in English. Fluency in any other language would be highly beneficial
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, proficiency in Excel, and sound command of PowerPoint and Word
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills and the capacity to work both independently and within a team.
The starting salary for this position is £24,000 to £26,000 p.a. (depending on experience).
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, and your skills satisfy the above listed criteria, then please apply.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.