Deputy Manager - Calway House
Are you looking for a more challenging position to progress your career? Do you have the desire to develop fantastic services within residential care?
At Somerset Care we are all about the people, creating an enjoyable environment for our customers.
The Deputy Manager is a key role within the residential home, assisting the Manager to ensure a high quality service is provided to all of the customers.
To join our team we are looking for:
• Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure
• The ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills and has management or supervisory experience
• An individual who can delegate, problem solve and prioritise workloads on a daily basis
• A fantastic communicator, both verbally and written to interact with customers and their families, staff and other health care professionals
• A dynamic professional who is looking to develop their career
As one of the largest not-for-profit care providers in the South of England, we offer great career opportunities within a supported and reputable environment.
Benefits of working with us:
• Fully paid induction and free criminal records check
• Enhancements for weekend working
• Opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications whilst working (funded by Somerset Care)
• Structured career path and progression opportunities
• An employer contribution pension scheme - 5% matched by Somerset Care
• Childcare vouchers
• Shopping discount scheme where you can easily save money at almost any chain store or supermarket on the high street with instant vouchers and reloadable cards.
• Cycle to Work scheme
• 28 days annual leave rising to 30 days after 2 years service and 33 days after 5 years.
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Long Service Awards
• Annual Care Awards – recognising employees’ contribution
• Be Healthy Campaign promoting the health and wellbeing of our employees by providing free health checks, discounted gym membership along with advice and support.
• Refer a Friend Scheme
Interviews will be held on 25 July 2017.
If you are up to the challenge and would like to make a difference to people’s lives we would love to receive your application.
If you would like more information please contact our Recruitment Team o.
Appointments are subject to a satisfactory certificate from the DBS. We are an equal opportunities employer.