Reports Developer SQL
Reports Developer required by market leading financial services organisation based in Bristol. The Reports Developer will be primary responsible for the development of new queries and reports as required by the Management team to support the business' goals.
Candidates must have a strong 'SQL' background.
Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to understand and interpret the MI needs of each department, data preparation, data analysis, the writing and optimisation of stored procedures and SSRS reports. In doing so, the Reports Developer supports the wider Development team in the maintenance of the company's database(s) including SQL server(s).
* Performance Measures
* Customer Service
* Accuracy & timeliness of response
* Management Information Development
* Efficiency of report coding used
* Data Integrity & Security: assist in maintaining the integrity of Company data, investigating & remedying problems as they arise & suggesting suitable control mechanisms to the Software Development Manager to prevent reoccurrence. Data loss / unavailability / corruption
* Database Maintenance
* System downtime
* Data loss / unavailability / corruption
* Work Flow Management: plan & prioritise own work to meet internal customer/project requirements.
* Learning & Development: take responsibility for own learning needs & objectives. Work closely with colleagues to progress knowledge & skills base.
* Experience of SQL development, using Stored Procedures & of supporting the administration & development of MS SQL Server DB environments.
* Advanced user of MS Excel.
* Part or fully Microsoft Certified.
* Other related qualification
* Commercial exposure.
* Experience of designing Crystal Reports.
* Practical exposure to web applications & other IT projects.
* Programming experience & working knowledge of .Net technologies (VB & C#.NET).
This excellent position comes with a starting salary to £40,000 p/a based on experience and will be accompanied by a competitive benefits package.
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.