Our client, based in London, is a private equity firm investing in mid-market European special situations across a wide range of sectors with a focus on tangible assets. they are a value driven firm, they believe that leading with their values makes for better investments. They aim to align their actions with their commitments.
This is primarily a management companies role. Post FCA authorisation, and also if we have to register with the SEC, the level of monitoring and reporting increases: Because the company is an AIFMD manager it has to report quarterly and there is an ongoing requirement to monitor regulatory capital as well as regular reporting to the authorities. So managing the financials along with ongoing compliance review becomes more of important along with additional required monitoring for AIFMD. Additionally, as the company generates fees and carry, the monitoring and management of this becomes more complex. So five sets balance sheets to manage along with potentially two more. There is also tax compliance and management around these entities (including international tax) the audits and the transfer pricing issues. This role would also extend to the necessary KYC and AML and ongoing procedures on any counterparties adopted, would involve conducting part of the ongoing compliance reviews, any company filing that need to be made and could also involve managing some of the office suppliers.
- Managing suppliers to the management companies - including those outside the UK
- Involvement in the ongoing Compliance monitoring programme
- Reconciliation of management fees and carry with fund records on an ongoing basis.
- Ongoing monitoring of adequacy against regulatory capital requirements through ICAAP (Pillar 1, 2 and 3) and the necessary disclosures.
- Reporting to the regulatory authorities (GABRIEL, Annex IV, Form PF etc.)
- Ongoing KYC and AML requirements for management entities
- Transfer pricing
- Providing management accounts and forecasts
- Ensuring the companies remain in good standing (all necessary filings)
- Managing the audit and tax compliance around all the company Management entities
- Managing the books and records of the company entities
- Production of the necessary financial statements