Senior Property Manager
A successful privately-owned Property Management company are looking for a Senior Property Manager to provide a professional surveying service for their extensive South London residential and commercial portfolio.
We are looking for a highly-experienced and pro-active professional who possesses the hunger for progression.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Liaise with Area Manager and Head Office to ensure a proper programme for major works is implemented and maintained
- Liaise with Regional Executive in the preparation of specifications for major repairs and re-decorations to properties
- Attend site meetings with consultants, contractors, etc., to discuss progress
- Ensure that proper procedures are followed when carrying out property repairs
- Liaise with tenants and leaseholders and attend meetings regarding proposed works/works in progress
- Oversee the performance of consultants and contractors and to monitor work in progress
- Prepare works schedules for building maintenance
- Compile all necessary Notices to lessees advising them of proposed works in accordance with the provisions of the Landlord & Tenant Acts, and liaising with Residents’ Associations and lessees on all matters relating to the progress of the works
- Apply to Local Authorities for Grant paperwork and process this and all associated paperwork up to commencement of, and after completion of work
- Assist the Management Surveyors in diagnosing more major items of repairs to properties within their individual portfolio
- Liaise with the Group’s Insurance Department in relation to insurance claims, providing technical advice, dealing with loss adjusters and commenting on specialist reports and quotations
- Approve all order forms to contractors sent out by Management Surveyors and to check contractors’ invoices with them to ensure there is no overcharging and contractors are presenting invoices correctly
- Provide assistance as necessary to the Management Surveyors
- Additional duties required
Skills & Experience Required:
- Must be fully conversant with requirements of Landlord & Tenant Acts, Housing Acts, Health & Safety Regulations, Building Regulations, etc.
- Relevant property management experience - ideally residential
- Must be organised and able to work as part of a team but be prepared to take responsibility for own tasks
- MUST be car owner
Remuneration: up to £40,000 (DOE) + excellent annual leave allowance