Ambridge Harris are recruiting for a firm in central Bath who are looking for a Legal Cashier a Bath based firm. Reporting to the Finance Director, the successful candidate will work as part of a friendly and supportive team. The Legal Cashier will be focused on providing support to the Accounts team regarding billing and managing payment activities.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, proactive and have strong organisation skills. They will have previous experience of legal software packages, and will be able to apply their experience to this role and opportunity.
Skills and Knowledge
- IT literate including Office 2010
- Knowledge/ awareness of Solicitors Accounts Rules
- An appropriate level of mathematical skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to hit the ground running
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and ability to prioritise workloadKey Responsibilities:
- Comply with internal and external compliance processes and regulations
- Ability to produce reports as required
- Dealing with all accounts matters necessary in respect of client and office ledgers, e.g. payments in/payments out; cheque printing; monies on account; deposit; interest; disbursements etc.
- Timely processing of client ledger transfers and write offs
- Weekly expenses payment runs and processing
- Timely processing of all client payments including: CHAPS, BACS, Faster Payments, International payments and Cheques
- Assisting with queries on the billing process for draft invoices prepared by solicitors/secretaries.
- Nominal office expenditure and petty cash payments.
- Daily Banking.
- Monitor client movements / balances and initiate the appropriate action. Attention to older client balances, following internal processes to return monies.
- Dealing with enquiries from members of staff.
- Assisting with month and year end procedures, including daily reconciliations
- Processing and monitoring of monies raised and paid to charities
- Plus other ad hoc duties as required.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance (4 x salary)
- Pension scheme
- 23 days holiday
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful