Company Accountant/Finance Manager
Company Accountant/Finance Manager
Active vacancy - suitably experienced applicants sought ASAP.
Company Accountant/Finance Manager - South Dorset - Circa: £40,000
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been assigned by a well-established and extremely reputable services provider with multiple locations throughout the Southwest. The organisation currently seeks to recruit a highly motivated, experienced Company Accountant/Finance Manager to assume a lead role in the effective management of accounting controls and processes. This is a pivotal role within the organisation where the successful incumbent will lead a team of fours and report directly to the CEO of the business.
The role will be based in the Dorchester area but may entail some travel across the organisations multiple sites in the county.
The successful incumbent will enjoy an interesting, varied, and fulfilling role with key responsibilities to include:
- Take a lead responsibility for the effective implementation and maintenance of the overall finance function, accounting systems and a small team of finance based staff
- Work closely with, and report directly to, the CEO in addition to the organisation's senior management team. The successful candidate will be required to provide commentary on current financial status as well as work to improve and streamline processes
- Provide detailed reporting information relating to operating budgets
- To prepare detailed management accounts on a monthly basis
- To prepare accurate statutory accounts in-line with UK GAAP and SORPS
- To oversee the operation of payroll (approx. 250 staff)
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and company investors
- To implement, maintain and improve IT systems
- To oversee the training and development of a team of four, taking a lead role in recruitment of new team members as required
- Prepare the organisation for annual audit (t/o circa £7-10M)
The successful candidate will be an experienced, commercially astute leader with excellent technical experience.
They will likely possess the following:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA qualification with several years PQE. An exceptional QBE who can demonstrate superb technical skills and commercial experience may be considered
- Possess experience in public services provision, ideally (though not essentially) in a social care environment
- Excellent technical accounting skills with the ability to produce quality management information as well as statutory accounting information
- Excellent budget reporting experience with the ability to lead and influence team members both in and out of finance
- Good all round IT skills with good aptitude to pick up new systems
- Good down to earth staff management skills with a strong sense of humour
The role represents a superb opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic individual to play a key part in the successful growth of this respected organisation. For further details of the post, including a detailed role specification please contact Craig Amarilli quoting reference CA3664.
Trial Balance Consulting is the market leading accountancy and finance recruiter for the Southwest of England and South Wales. Specialising in the recruitment of accounting and finance staff at all levels encompassing credit control and payroll. We pride ourselves on our expertise, attention to detail and accurate delivery of our client and candidate requirements.