Management Accountant - Crawley
Based in Crawley (you will need to drive)
£35,000 - £40,000 per annum plus further benefits
Tony Alan Recruitment currently has an exciting job opportunity for a Management Accountant to join a SME business in the Crawley area on a 12-month contract basis.
This is a hands on and varied position to provide accurate and timely monthly management accounts in addition to commercial support and guidance on a wide range of financial matters within a growing organisation. This would suit someone who wants a hands on finance role, along with working towards the business operations side of the business.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, your duties will include:
- To custom build new forecasting packs for each cost centre
- To re-forecast each cost centre annually, providing separate and consolidated reports
- Working with department heads to build financial business cases for a variety of additional services
- Providing commercial support for new tenders
- Maintain the sales pipeline records
- To administer the month end process including journals for pre-payments, accruals and depreciation
- Produce monthly management account packs reporting on profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow
- Update the forecasting pack monthly with any material adjustments providing an accurate year end outlook
- Consolidate and report monthly and quarterly for group consolidation purposes
- Code and enter invoices and expenses
- Reconcile supplier statements and queries
- Produce payment runs in accordance to supplier terms and purchase order process
- Set up new supplier accounts
- Review contract terms
- Negotiate contracts for the overhead suppliers
- Sales Ledger
- Maintain a clean fixed asset register in accordance with group accounting policies
- Manage the asset labelling and tracking process
- Audit liaison, working with the accountants during each audit to reconcile any queries
- Calculate the gross monthly payroll
- Pensions administration and monthly returns to provider
- Will need to be far along through your ACCA or CIMA or newly qualified
- Must be a car driver due to the location of the offices
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload
- Initiative to manage own workload
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel (pivot tables, V/H Look ups), Visio, and Outlook
If you feel that you would be suitable for this position then please apply with your CV.
REFER A FRIEND SCHEME: If you refer a candidate to us and they are placed you will be eligible for a cash reward!
Due to the high number of CV’s we receive we are unable to respond to all applications therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume you are unsuccessful in this instance.