Purchase Ledger Clerk Stock
Steinhoff UK Retail has an exciting opportunity within their Harveys Furniture brand, for a conscientious Purchase Ledger Clerk (Stock) to join the team in our Dartford Head Office, managing all aspects of the stock ledger accounts allocated. The successful candidate will be rewarded with £17,000 per annum.
Steinhoff UK Retail, owners of Harvey’s Furniture and Bensons for Beds employs over 3000 passionate and dedicated staff and trade from over 400 retail stores across the UK. Since opening our first Harveys store in 1966 Harveys Furniture has grown to a portfolio of over 150 stores nationwide. We are now part of the Steinhoff group which is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and retailers of
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, the successful Purchase LedgerClerk (Stock) will work as part of the team to resolve issues and ensure the timely processing of all stock invoices, credit notes, debit notes and other associated paperwork both efficiently and accurately.
Our Purchase LedgerClerk (Stock) will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure effective control and management of allocated supplier accounts’, agreeing balances and work jointly with Suppliers to resolve account issues promptly.
- Ensure the timely processing of all stock invoices, credit notes, debit notes and other paperwork efficiently and accurately.
- Ensure accuracy in the timely matching of all stock transactions through the ISS stock system.
- Ensure the payment of all stock supplier accounts are according to agreed terms and preferred method.
- Ensure all stock supplier accounts are reconciled on a regular basis according to departmental guideline.
- Preparation of audit papers for the external audit teams as requested, liaising with them and dealing with any queries as they arise.
- Undertake all financial project work associated with all operational aspects of the business as requested.
- Work closely with the Commercial Finance team as necessary.
- Ensure the Finance Line Manager is made aware of all significant issues within the department.
- Ensure all documentation is filed away in accordance with company archive guidelines and ensure it is easy to retrieve.
The ideal Purchase LedgerClerk (Stock) candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Accounts office experience of at least 1 year
- Knowledge of stock ledgers or purchase Ledgers
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office, particularly Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to plan and work to timescales and deadlines
- Organised and able to manage multiple priorities
The successful Purchase LedgerClerk (Stock) would ideally be part qualified AAT and have experience of working within a retail or manufacturing environment. You will have a positive outlook, being enthusiastic and self motivated in every task you undertake. In addition you will be confident working under pressure whilst maintaining strong attention to detail.
If you think you have the skills experience and personality to excel as our new Purchase LedgerClerk (Stock) then apply today. We can’t wait to hear from you.