Senior Buyer - Fresh Food & Ingredients
This is a fantastic opportunity to manage and drive a brand new procurement function in one of the leading UK casual dinning businesses. With a fantastic Central London location, they are looking to hire a dynamic, enthusiastic and intelligent individual with a strong purchasing background within the food retail or restaurant industry.
My client currently has over 65 locations across London and has 2017 plans to grow by across the UK and begin opening stores within Germany and France. - The office has grown from a modest number of 4 people eight years ago, to a vibrant 65 people in the heart of Central London. Their healthy take on food on the go has allowed them to break into the competitive food offered here in the UK. Their great team atmosphere, along with fantastic staff members, has allowed them to take a large proportion of the 'casual fast dining' market share and this continues to grow year by year.
Categories include; Meat, Fish, Produce, Fruit - all of which are sourced directly from growers & farmers.
- Addressing all daily supply chain issues as they arise & communicating to affected restaurants so that local restaurant managers can focus on running great restaurants.
- Significant cost savings, but maintaining the highest quality.
- Preparing bid packages and evaluating vendor quotes and services.
Supplier Relationship Management
- Managing new supplier requests and offering suggestions on most desirable suppliers.
- Owning and maintaining all inventory management system information, including, but not limited to, requests for supplier information updates, supplier price approvals/extensions, and new supplier and item set-ups.
- Working with existing suppliers to respond to restaurant inquiries/issues, and ensure any supply changes are communicated to relevant groups.
- Working with suppliers and distribution centres to quickly address and prevent food quality issues
The ideal candidate will:
Have a real passion for food and be interested food trends on the market.
- Be self driven and have the ability to work autonomous.
- Be a responsible, directed, dependable, self-starter with a can-do attitude, boundless energy, and a thirst for constant improvement.
- Be comfortable preparing reports and presenting and new initiatives to company leaders.
- Have the ability to execute projects independently and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have strong analytical skills and be able to collect and clearly analyse data and report research results.
- Thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- Strong Team work - Evidence of an ability to work cross-functionally with colleagues from different disciplines and backgrounds.
- Have purchasing experience with FMCG / Food Services / Restaurant Retail
between £55,000 to £65,000 + benefits
(based on experience and skills)