Pod Talent are over the moon to be working closely with a Global Consulting firm to find the ideal candidate to share responsibility for the companies spend of near $1.5bn. This is a fantastic role with the company looking to more than double the size of their procurement team over the course of the next 2 years.
This role will work across a number of different categories but preodminantly marketing and print both regionally and globally. In addition the role will require you to have previous knowledge of both creating and implementing category strategies, so you must therefore have a high level of self-motivation, persistance and show ways to create change.
This position will require you to integrate and build relationships at executive level, and in doing so create value across the procurement life cycle and supplier process. In addition you will have a number of other responsibilities listed below:
- End to end management of several procurement projects, along with continual negotiations within defined categories
- Mitigate risks and contribute to managing the vendor base
- Create effective channels of communication, sharing best-practice across the network
- Track spend, vendors and developments within the market
To be suited to this role you will need to showcase technical competencies in a number of areas, whilst also showing the desire to grow within the business. The following areas are:
- Background in Procurement Marketing and Information Services
- Proven Negotiation skills
- Record of creating and implementing category plans
- Contracting experience
You will also need:
- University Degree or Equivalent
- Knowledge of Procurement, from analysis of category to implementation of the contract
- Strong experience in designing and executing category strategies
- Experience in international environments
- Strong influencing skills.
If you wish to express your interest please don't hesitate in sending a version of your most recent CV.
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.