Ecommerce Trading Manager Maternity Cover
Our retail client is looking for an immediately available Ecommerce Trading Manager who will be responsible for the company Trading Calendar and merchandising of the site; planning and implementing of all onsite events and activities to maximise sales and profit.
Reporting into the Commercial Director, the correct candidate will:
- develop, execute and review the Trading Calendar of the website, balancing content led activity with promotional levers to drive engagement, sales and profit across multiple sites / regions / countries.
- produce daily sales forecasts, monitoring performance and proposing adjustments to future trading stance on a daily basis to ensure financial targets are hit.
- act as the focal point for the business in relation to any cross-site event or promotional campaign, planning, co-ordinating and communicating activity within the Commercial Team and to the rest of the business.
- project manage large commercial activities for the company such as Black Friday, Christmas and Sale.
- ensure all available space on the website is appropriately used to maximise sales, conversion and spend, including homepage, brand pages, category and sub category pages and product pages.
- monitor delivery and execute where necessary merchandising agreed with suppliers as part of the partnership agreements.
- provide analysis of site KPI performance, with recommendations on how to improve performance on a daily / weekly basis.
- perform detailed analysis of business at Category, Country and Top Brand / Line level as well as key site performance and present weekly at the Trading meeting / Monthly Commercial Review.
- analyse purchasing trends and suggest improvements to navigation, search results and product recommendations.
- ensure the design of the site delivers commercial value, working with UX teams and CE teams to ensure the Customer journey is optimised to deliver maximum sales and profitability.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Solid Ecommerce experience is a must as well as experience in online merchandising with demonstrable experience of results in merchandising, category management and marketing skills.
- Strong commercial acumen, with excellent analytical skills and a “flair” for understanding product.
- Previous exposure to managing International Markets.
- Outstanding organisational, accuracy and prioritisation skills including the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills including stakeholder management skills.
- Experience of managing directly.
- Project management skills.
- Computer literate with advanced Google Analytics and Excel skills.