Responsibility for Merchandising for the whole business including WSSI, OTB, Stock control, analysis and interpretation of figures, as well as including commerciality of the business.
This role will suit an ambitious and entrepreneurial candidate who wants to immerse themselves into a small business culture getting involved in all areas of the business and want an escape from the relatively constrained traditional merchandiser type positions.
The client, based in Central London are an accessories retailer.
Boasting a net growth over the last 10 years, this client has developed a loyal customer base and has some brilliant and innovative plans in place to attract a new customer demographic to further increase their market presence, whilst continuing to cater for their current clients.
This business truly encapsulates an entrepreneurial spirit, with a team of loyal colleagues who work hard for one another yet and the business as a whole and have successfully created a family feel.
This is a great client for anyone looking to escape the shackles of the corporate world and want to work in a business where you can continue to grow your remit and have an influence or different areas of the business.
As Merchandiser you will be responsible for
- Producing daily, weekly, monthly stock and sales reports
- Analysing sales and stock data and interpreting and passing onto wider business.
- Manage WSSI and OTB
- Work cross functionally to ensure product launches, and promotional calendar are planned efficiently to ensure maximal commercial return
- Liaise directly with customer base to ensure 99% service level is upheld.
- Managing pricing strategy both for products and for business costs
- Liaising with MD giving ad-hoc updates on product performance, key sellers and new product launches
- Understanding the market and identifying new customer base to increase sales potential
The Perfect Merchandiser will
- Have a background working within the commercial function of a retail business, i.e Assistant Merchandiser or Junior Merchandiser
- Have brilliant numeracy and analysis skills, being able to interpret numbers and present findings at senior level
- Be a self starter, able to prioritise time effectively and multi task to ensure business needs are met quickly
- Have a commercial and entrepreneurial flair, identifying gaps in the market and improvements to make to increase company revenue return
- Be keen to get involved into a wider business role, away from the constraints of a "pure merchandiser" position
- Have strong business awareness and acumen, able to view a business from a birds eye view and assist where necessary
- Have a great work ethic, helpful and friendly personality and happy to work in a very social, family feel environment
- Be able to commute to Central London on a daily basis.
The offer for this candidate is as follows
Base Salary - £25-£30k depending on capability
Opportunity to work in vibrant, fun London Head office
Having unrivalled senior management exposure and breadth of role to become a business expert.
Opportunity to grow with the business and be fully immersed in the strategic direction of the business