Head's PA - Independent School
PA to the Headteacher
Reports to: Headteacher
Location: Putney, SW London
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Salary: £24000- £26,000
We are recruiting an accomplished Head's PA to provide comprehensive secretarial support to the Headteacher on a permanent contract commencing as soon as possible.
The school is a well-regarded independent school in Putney with an excellent reputation locally and across London. It is a new school which have high expectations from pupils and staff. The school is part of a wider group of independent schools.
To support the Headteacher in a secretarial capacity on a permanent contract starting ASAP. This would be an all-year-round post and requires an array of skills and experience relevant to a school management position. Not only with the job require organization and diary management of the Headteacher but also communication with parents, line management of other secretarial staff, general fluency with school HR procedures and administration support across the school. The role could also be described as a school manager.
The successful candidate:
The job of Head's PA is a role which requires practical skills and experiences, and the successful candidate will have:
* At least 2 years of experience
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills being able to connect with staff and parents confidently as the first point of contact for queries.
* Excellent organization skills to manage well the Head of school's appointments in a competent and effective way.
* Be computer literate
* Will have experience working in a school environment
It is desirable the candidate will have:
* People management experience as the role requires direct line management of other secretarial and support staff.
* HR administration experience for school recruitment processes, including database work, and to ensure that good candidates are attracted to the school and encouraged to apply, as well as ensuring all processes adhere to the independent schools inspectorate regulations.
Salary will be on a range between £24,000 - £26,000 and dependent on experience and skillset.
Interviews will be held as soon as possible.
The school has a strong ethos of student welfare therefore any successful applicant will undergo a full enhanced criminal record check (DBS).
If you do have the relevant requirements and would like to be considered for this job, please send through your CV to Livia at Connaught Education - or call .
Connaught Education - The Independent Schools Specialist
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.