THOMAS Recruitment are exclusively recruiting for a well-known Truck & Service centre who is partnered with one of the world’s largest automotive brands. They are seeking 2 x HGV Technicians to join their experienced team on a permanent basis.
We have two shift patterns available for this particular role:
- Monday to Thursday 21:00 - 07:00 - £27,500 per annum
- Monday to Friday 06:00 - 14:00/14:00 - 22:00 including a Saturday 08:00 - 13:00 on week of afternoon shifts. - £23,500 per annum
An attendance bonus will also be available which is paid quarterly, £200 per quarter, maximum annual payment of £600.
- To complete all service work and defined maintenance work of the utmost quality and efficiency within manufacturers time schedules
- Supply a professional performance in all aspects of work activities to make an essential contribution to the value and retention of customers
- Supporting colleagues in the workshop with any technical issues and innovations
- Ability to carry out comprehensive diagnosis and repairs of malfunctions
- To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
- Document the results of diagnosis/repairs/service/safety inspections.
- Promote the image of product and the after-sales organisation
- Performance of all work according to the manufacturers standards/instructions
- All visual inspections, adjustment operations, replacement of worn/defective components
- Retrofitting of accessories and detachable body components
- Knowledge of deviations and extraordinary wear occurrences.
- Self-reliant performance of simple repairs
- Complete extensive assembly work and repair operations (e.g. major units)
- Report any additional work or parts required
- Ensure that special tools and equipment are kept in good order and any problems are immediately notified for action
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are met
The Successful Candidate
- Two years’ experience within a similar role
- Level 3 qualified
- Preferably experienced within a manufacturing environment
- HGV licence is preferable yet not essential