We are currently assisting a global manufacturing business based in North London to hire a Finance Manager. This Finance Manager position will report to the Finance Director and will be responsible for overseeing and management of the day-to-day general accounting activities of the companies and supervise the UK accounting team. The Finance Manager will also be responsible for overseeing the monthly and quarterly closing processes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversite of the completion of monthly accounting close
- General Ledger Reporting and Analysis
- Supervision of Accounts Payable
- Supervision of Credit control
- Supervision of VAT and Intrastat Reporting
- Monitor cash flow
- Oversite of Fixed Asset system
- Manage the year-end process, working with Group and the external audit and tax consultants
- Assessment of training needs and appraisal of staff to ensure competency levels.
- Ensure team's work is done effectively, accurately and on time
- Monitoring and assessing for SOX compliance
- Knowledge of accounting, finance principles, including UK and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Computer proficiency along with strong Microsoft Excel skills
The North London based Finance Manager will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with relevant post qualified experience within a general accounting role. You will have experience ideally within a manufacturing or product handling environment. The Finance Manager will be a self starter, detail oriented and organised. Team Management experience is also desirable as well as excellent interpersonal skills.