We are seeking a driver, who has experience of working with older adults in a paid or unpaid setting, to assist in the day to day care setting enabling older people attending the Sundial Day Care Service and to lead an independent and stimulating life.
In this role you will be required to deliver a high quality service that promotes individual choice. You will provide transport to and from the Centre and take our clients on outings, ensuring that the journey is safe and enjoyable for all passengers.
The Sundial Centre is a focus for community groups, user-led activities and social events, all in aim of encouraging individuals to maximise their health, wellbeing and independence and providing them with the necessary resources and opportunities.
- Experience of working with older adults in a paid or unpaid setting; ability to engage older adults through interaction and have a understanding of issues associated with ageing
- Experience in personal care provision; certified and experienced in moving and handling people
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Proven experience of operating a tail lift and associated safety equipment for wheelchair access in vehicles e.g. harnesses/clamps
- Mini-bus/passenger type vehicle driving experience
- Clean UK Driving Licence held for minimum of 2 years, over the age of 25 years
- PCV Licence and proven experience of driving a mini bus
- Basic First Aid
- Midas Trained
- Relevant NVQ or equivalent
- 5 GCSEs at grade A-C (including maths and English) or equivalent
Please note: The successful applicant will need to be subject to a background (standard) disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed.
When you join Peabody, you join an extensive and growing business. One with 27,000 homes, 70,000 residents and a 150-year history. As a major housing association we have outstanding challenges for people with talent and motivation. But we also have a strong commitment to the ideals of our philanthropist founder: George Peabody. That means you’ll have every chance to achieve - while making a difference.
Our principles are simple: we believe in helping people and communities to grow, in estates that are springboards - not safety nets. With operations in nearly every London borough and one of the sector’s largest community regeneration programmes, we’re always keen to meet talented people who support our ambitions.
- Equal Opportunities statement (will be included unless otherwise requested):
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.