Commercial Financial Controller
Investigo are proud to be running an exclusive advertising campaign for Penspen, in search of a Commercial Financial Controller for their business, based out of their site in Bristol.
Penspen has been providing engineering, project management, asset management and integrity services to the energy industry worldwide for over 60 years. Originally founded in the UK in 1954 as Spencer & Partners, the company has now grown to include over 1,000 employees with major offices in London, Bristol, Neath, Newcastle, Houston, Abu Dhabi, and Bangkok.
The Commercial Financial Controller reports directly in to the Group Finance Director and will be an active member of the Europe & Africa regional leadership team, playing a key role in strategic direction, as well as commercial decisions of the region. The role entails full responsibility for the regional requirements for control of accounting, financial and management reporting, monitoring internal controls, process improvements and management of the finance function.
The role holder will need to possess sound technical skills as well as the ability to be a Finance Business Partner, adding commercial understanding to key stakeholders.
- Financial Accounting; delivery of the monthly accounts for all companies in region.
- Strategy; the ability to offer both short term operational views but also longer term strategy in line with business objectives.
- Budgets & Costs; completion & challenge of the annual budgets and forecasts for region.
- Systems; ensure compliance with internal systems.
- Project accounting; ensure accuracy of project accounts with Project Managers.
- Tax; ensure compliance is up to date for all entities within the region.
- Treasury, credit & risk; preparation of Cash Flow forecasts for the region.
- Credit management; review, reporting and appropriate action of debtor and unbilled revenue balances.
- ACA / CIMA / ACCA qualified ideally with over ten years post-qualified experience.
- A 'hands-on’ approach is essential and experience of leading a finance function.
- Financial reporting experience including IFRS/UK GAAP and familiarity with key accounting judgements for professional and engineering services businesses.
- Experience with consolidations, foreign exchange and transfer pricing as well as cash management, business analysis and forecasting desirable.
- A proven track record in managing numerous projects at the same time.
- Must be proficient with Excel to a high level.
- Agresso accounting experience desirable.
- Flexible for travel within the UK (offices in London, Bristol, Neath & Newcastle).
- Experience of managing a remote team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high-calibre individual looking for the next step within their finance career and an excellent remuneration package is available.