£27,000 - £30,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this exciting manufacturing business in their search for a Project Engineer to work at their facility based near Wrexham.
Our client is ideally looking for someone who has a good level of project experience within a manufacturing environment. In return they will provide an excellent and challenging working environment with the opportunity to grow and develop in the company.
- Plan, organise, secure and manage resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
- Schedule engineering projects including new parts and cost/ scrap reduction activity.
- Expedite, monitor and control projects throughout all processes reporting to the Engineering Manager at critical milestones.
- Assist to ensure that all projects remain on schedule and are delivered/ completed On Time in Full (OTIF).
- Manage and utilize existing project management tools that are in place such as the engineering project board/ trackers (Microsoft Excel) and project Gantt charts (Microsoft Project).
- Work with production and engineering teams to set month end engineering sales targets and reporting regular progress to the Production & Sales teams via our weekly sales meetings.
- Form part of the daily operations team to integrate engineering projects within daily production plans and priorities.
- Report directly to internal stakeholders and customers on highly critical projects via regular conference calls, e-mails and face-to-face meetings.
- Assist to manage the transition period between sampling and production.
- Support the Engineering Manager to continuously develop systems, processes and engineering methods used, to ensure we achieve the best standards possible.
- Candidates will preferably have previous experience within a project based role within a manufacturing environment. Experience of working within the aerospace industry with knowledge of PPAP, 8D and FMEA processes would be an advantage.
- Ideally you will be educated to high graded GCSE/A Level, a Degree in Engineering or completion of a recognised engineering apprenticeship is preferable but not essential. Excellent IT skills in particular Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Project and Windows Applications. You must have excellent Time Management, Administrative skills, Attention to Detail and be able to work on own initiative to tight timescales.
Please send your CV and call David Evans at gap technical on
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 11/07/2017