New Business and Account Manager
Are you looking for your next role in business development and account management? Are you passionate about technology and innovation, and making the worlds cities a better place to live? This role is working with the leading company in urban innovation and design, specializing in smart cities , and as such, It is highly beneficial for you to have an understanding of urban innovation, the pain points being felt in cities, and the challenges businesses face in addressing those challenges.
The Lead Account and New Business Manager will report to the Head of Account and New Business Management and will have the following responsibilities in six key areas:
Lead the development of project proposals and plans, shaping collaborative R&D and commercial opportunities into high-value projects coming from existing accounts or generated by the Relationship Development team;
- Create strategies to develop short and long term revenue streams;
- Build and maintain strong and long lasting relationships with high profile partners and prospects;
- Oversee the delivery of high-profile projects, ensuring we deliver with maximum efficiency for maximum value creation and impact;
- Promoting ourselves to external stakeholders;
- Providing mentoring and line management duties as required.
What will you be doing?
Shaping offer and terms
- Shape project proposals and plans to ensure we set ourselves up for success in delivering maximum impact;
- Effectively communicate the value propositions to stakeholders to drive commercial revenue;
- Negotiate contracts with our, and Customer's best interest (e.g. shared IP ownership);
Manage defined accounts and client/partner relationship
- Cultivate lasting relationships with high-profile stakeholders, including city leaders, city officials and corporate clients from a variety of industries looking to innovate in the city space;
- Proactively assess, articulate and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis;
- Understanding customer trends, predicting and understanding requirements and increasing revenue streams;
- Take responsibility for project-related customer and stakeholder management, resulting in high levels of stakeholder satisfaction with each project;
- Have a clear understanding of how the organisation works and opportunities that exist within the customer's organisation;
- Provide clear reporting on the commercials of the account including pipeline, revenue, margin and forecasting;
- Help manage a sales pipeline, achieving a high conversion rate.
Deliver high-impact projects
- Work with PMO to ensure there's a full understanding of project scope and specifications, as well as resource requirements;
- Work alongside project teams, acting as the 'voice of the customer' and ensuring outputs are delivered with exceptional quality, while achieving the strategic objectives that contribute to our KPIs.
Promoting us to External Stakeholders
- Attend and present at events, in particular showcasing our projects;
- Promote our portfolio of projects and achievements to support our wider Stakeholder Engagement activities.
Providing mentoring and line management duties as appropriate
- Help shape the development of the Account and New Business Management community, including mentoring and skills development as necessary;
- Foster a collaborative environment where a bid team can design project proposals and plans that bring the best thought-leadership, content and innovation to the project to achieve the greatest impact;
- Help recruit and line manage direct reports
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Hold excellent and confident interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to portray a strong professional image;
- Be outgoing, motivated, proactive and confident with a strong professional image;
- Easily build new relations and networks in a professional or personal environment;
- Have demonstrable experience of working with blue chip clients;
- Have strong but subtle negotiation skills with a consultative approach;
- Hold a strong team ethic and integrity, with the ability to collaborate with a diverse range of people;
- Have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the technology arena and excellent commercial awareness;
- Have superior organisational skills, including project and time management;
- Be able to simplify complex issues;
- Able to take difficult decisions and respond constructively to pressure;
- Show a relentless focus on success in delivering for cities;
- Shares learning and expertise across and beyond the organisation.
- Experience of working within a similar position, ideally in a high growth organisation, start-up or consultancy;
- Track record in a project-led environment including commercial development and portfolio management;
- Awareness of the urban mobility, built environment and / or technology arena, ideally with experience of leading innovation projects in Cities;
- Experience working with board level stakeholders and running board level presentations;
- Ability to build, guide and motivate a team to deliver outstanding results on projects.
Click apply now! And send your CV and a brief cover letter to get your details in front of the hiring manager. The closing date for applications is 20th June, and interviews will be taking place shortly after!
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.