Accounts Payable & Receivable Manager
Expanding, innovative Engineering Group is currently looking for an Accounts Payable & Receivable Manager to manage a team of 5 and ensure best practice within the AP, AR and Cash Management functions.
This is a newly-created role as a result of the Group’s continued growth and the introduction of a new UK Head Office finance structure.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, the Accounts Payable & Receivable Manager will be responsible for:
- Daily AP and AR invoice and credit note approvals.
- Reviewing and approving the weekly payment runs.
- Providing financial support to a regional branch ranging from processing invoices, dealing with queries, raising payments and preparing journals to consolidating monthly figures.
- Processing the operational payroll, operational expenses and all other operational invoices relating to an offshore subsidiary.
Additional responsibilities for the Accounts Payable & Receivable Manager include:
- Ensure ledger balances for the offshore subsidiary company are reconciled monthly and carry out the reconciliation of their Management Accounts.
- Perform quarterly bad debt reviews.
- Assist in ensuring overhead accruals and prepayment adjustments are accounted for fully and accurately in all group companies.
- Prepare group VAT returns / EC sales and Intrastat.
The Accounts Payable & Receivable Manager will also:
- Identify and review credit notes > $50k to ensure SOX process has been followed.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations as allocated for review.
- Assist in Sarbanes-Oxley internal/external audits as and when required.
- Assist in quarterly and annual audits as and when required.
As part of the new finance structure, the Accounts Payable & Receivable Manager will need to mould the team from 2 formerly separate divisions which will require standardisation of processes and systems and team development/motivation. Prior experience of a similar exercise or change management exposure would stand you in good stead.
Suitable applicants for the role should also have:
- Proven experience of leading an AP/AR team within a blue-chip/corporate environment
- Strong cashflow management and forecasting experience
- Strong VAT knowledge with the ability to grasp international VAT arrangements
- Experience of compliance within a best practice environment
This is an excellent opportunity to take on an integral role within a forward-looking and ambitious organisation.