Education & Training Officer
We are looking for a new Education and Training Officer to join our Research, Education and Training team here at IPSE - The Association of Independent Professionals and the Self Employed.
IPSE is the largest association of independent professionals in the EU, representing freelancers, contractors, consultants and self-employed people from every sector of the UK economy.
The purpose of this role will be to increase the awareness of self-employment among young people, provide support to students on this way of working, and increase IPSE’s engagement with this group. You will support the growth of IPSE’s Student membership and University Partnerships through delivering workshops and supporting relationships with education institutions. You will help develop IPSE’s training and resources offering for current and potential IPSE members to improve the professional development of self-employed professionals. This job will suit someone who has at least 2 years’ experience of designing and delivering training for a range of audiences and can demonstrate the ability to build strong relationships with potential partners. Experience working in enterprise or entrepreneurship education would be valuable, as would having an understanding of small businesses and self-employment.
This is a new role with the opportunity to be involved with the development of the education and training function within the organisation.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of developing high quality training materials, resources and content for training programmes
- Experience of designing and delivering training presentations and workshops to a range of audiences
- Ability to demonstrate experience of building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of working with education institutions and / or training providers
- Experience of public speaking and presenting to a wide range of audiences
- Strong academic record and educated to bachelor’s degree level or equivalent
- Good communication skills are essential as building relationships are key to the role.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Flexible approach to the work
- Strong and persuasive copywriting skills
The following skills and experience would be desirable.
- Experience developing formal courses and qualifications
- Familiarity with small business/self-employment issues
- Experience of working in careers/enterprise/entrepreneurship education
- Existing contacts/relationships with education and training providers
- Experience of working in a membership organisation
- Commercial awareness and strong initiative to identify new opportunities
Working with IPSE provides the opportunity to work in a small, dynamic team in the heart of Westminster. You will receive generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays, training and professional development opportunities, companywide quarterly social events and a company pension.
To apply for the position of Education and Training Officer at IPSE, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining how your skills and experience would make you a suitable candidate for this role by clicking apply now.