£29,400 - £31,850
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
Located on the Wrexham Industrial Estate
We are recruiting on behalf of a fantastic financial services organisation based in Wrexham. The company has a global presence and is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate manager to become part of their team. With the business currently in a phase of rapid expansion, this is a great time to join and develop a career within a reputable industry leader.
The Team Manager provides leadership and direct management of multiple Team Leaders and their Analysts, as well as overseeing the day to day activities of one or more departments/functional areas within a broader department.
- Manages multiple teams of varied responsibilities and serves as liaison between staff and senior management.
- Balances a strong level of subject matter expertise with leadership skills
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Coaches staff and performs all aspects of performance management.
- Keeps up to date with market and industry changes to understand their impact and provide continuous training for staff.
- Oversees and insures successful execution of processes and procedures to ensure team meets or exceeds their benchmark and goals
- Participates in industry groups representing the business
- Implements business continuity management directives
- Reviews metrics and targets to ensure departmental goals and targets are being met.
- Serves as a primary contact for audits, risk assessments, issues related to adherence to procedures.
- Authors responses to audit findings, change procedures accordingly and ensures all staff are trained on new procedures
- Leads the department in adherence to AML/BSA policies and procedures as set forth by various regulatory bodies
- Serves as a primary point of contact with the department or business area for all compliance/regulatory matters, managing the flow of information to and from relevant parties.
- Coordinates and works on the development, implementation and maintenance of departmental procedures and controls.
- Understand, maintain, and assess the impact of new or revised compliance/regulatory related laws, regulations and regulatory guidance which apply to the department.
Essential Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Demonstrable managerial experience, to include the coordinating of projects and teams.
- Proven ability to develop strong knowledge of multiple operational processes
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word and in particular MS Excel (including the ability to utilise or learn formulae)
- Forward planning and personal organization.
- Works well under pressure and makes timely operational decisions
- The ability to adapt to change
- The ability to effectively coach and mentor members of staff
- Implements process and quality management techniques
Desirable Knowledge & Skills:
- Financial Services or related industry experience
- ILM qualified