KYC / AML Analyst (Shipping, Maritime, Freight)
The purpose of the Shipping Process Team is to develop a compliance framework for Shipping Chartering and Commercial Operations (CCO). The primary goal is to promote compliance with externally defined laws and regulations, the Company Code of Conduct, and other identified internal standards, through the development, implementation and maintenance of a consistent compliance strategy. Additionally, the team is tasked with providing structure and process in compliance with the Operating Management System.
The Account Opening Analyst KYC / AML Analyst (Shipping, Maritime, Freight) will report to the Lead Account Opening Analyst, and perform their day-to-day responsibilities within the Account Opening Team. The Account Opening Analyst will conduct due diligence on entities and vessels. The analyst will need to balance both the need to mitigate Sanctions and Reputational risk, as well as the need for responsiveness and agility to permit the business to take advantage of commercial opportunities. The analyst will also engage with the Shipping Team to a large extent.
- Conduct due diligence on Freight/Shipping Counterparties, Associated Parties, Port Agents, Brokers, Ship to Ship (STS) providers and Vessels.
- Able to anticipate issues and be pro-active in resolving them. Perform continuous improvement efforts aimed at increasing efficiency in the shipping due diligence process.
- Attend meetings with members of the operations, chartering and other business teams and be able to communicate confidently to such colleagues on all matters related to the Account Opening Team.
- Build and maintain relationships across the business. Attend meetings with senior members of the organisation and explain position of team as well as report back to the team.
- Assist the Lead Account Opening Analyst, in ensuring procedures remain compliant with all on-going rules and regulations impacting the team’s work.
- Be an active member of the Account Opening Team and may take on additional tasks as directed by the Lead Account Opening Analyst.
- Working knowledge and understanding of rules and regulations such as FSA regulations, Anti Money Laundering, UK Bribery Act.
- A good understanding of Know Your Counterparty (KYC) and Sanctions restrictions and how reputational issues can impact business decisions.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to network across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding across a wide range company types e.g. sole trader, trust, LLP.
- Keen attention to detail, especially in documentation.
- Ability to work well under pressure whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- A business / commercial degree or equivalent.
- Understanding of systems/websites to conduct due diligence on entities/vessels.
- Shipping industry experience.