Digital Editor/Content Designer
£27,198 - £33,444 per annum inclusive plus PrP annual Performance Related Pay. Salary will be decided according to the skills and experience of the applicant.
36 hours per week
We are recruiting a skilled Digital Content Designer to join our team responsible for providing digital services for both Richmond and Wandsworth Councils.
You’ll deliver high quality, accessible digital content that’s driven by user needs. You’ll write, edit and publish content across our digital channels, with an aim to provide the best possible customer journey.
This will be focused across both Council websites, as well as our newly developed corporate intranet where your work will help maximise internal staff engagement.
The role will require you to make complex language and processes easier to understand. You’ll work with subject matter experts to make sure content is accurate and will be able to explain your decisions and edits clearly to those who don’t recognise good web usability.
Working for the Richmond/ Wandsworth Shared Staffing Arrangement
This role is employed under the Shared Staffing Arrangement between Richmond and Wandsworth Councils. The overall purpose of the Shared Staffing Arrangement is to provide the highest quality of service at the lowest attainable cost whilst being a responsible and caring employer.
Staff are expected to deliver high quality and responsive services wherever they are based, as well as having the ability to adapt to sometimes differing processes and expectations.
The Shared Staffing Arrangement aims to be at the forefront of innovation in local government and the organisation will invest in the development of its staff to ensure the opportunities for progression that only a large organisation can provide.
Staff benefits include:
- 31 days’ annual leave
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Schemes to help with travel costs
- Tax free Cycle to Work scheme
- Discounts at local shops and restaurants
- Performance related salary progression
Under the terms of employment, you are required to work in Wandsworth or Richmond but this position is based in Richmond.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, design, produce and maintain content that meets agreed corporate digital content standards and best practice guidelines, taking account of house style, layout, accessibility and usability.
- Use data from sources such as web analytics packages and user feedback to make sure the user journeys and the information architecture for both councils’ websites are the best they can be.
- Follow on-going quality assurance processes to make sure the quality of information delivered on both councils’ websites to users is of the highest possible standard (for example: correct spelling and grammar; fixing broken links, checking the accuracy and currency of information; and reviewing the consistency of content in terms of style, format and layout).
- Work with stakeholders to understand the issues affecting services in terms of digital information provision and resulting requirements for digital content are met.
- Co-ordinate and participate in regular website content reviews, and provide constructive feedback to stakeholders so as to ensure the information provided across all areas of both councils’ websites meets the needs of the user.
- Play an active role in suggesting how digital content can be improved to meet user needs in a cost efficient manner.
- Work on ad hoc digital content projects - from the planning and design through to delivery - as directed by the Digital Content Manager.
- Stay in up to date with developments and trends affecting websites and digital technologies, especially regarding interface design, usability and accessibility.
- Undertake training sessions for staff on subjects such as using the council’s content management systems and writing for the web, as well as responding to customer feedback and assisting users of the both councils’ websites.
- Prepare images and multimedia content for use on both councils’ websites.
Please ensure your CV includes a daytime number you can be contacted on, an email address and your home address.
This is a permanent position and we do not wish to receive CVs from recruitment agents or candidates wishing to work as a contractor. Any such CVs submitted will not be considered.
We reserve the right to close the advert before the end date should a suitable candidate be identified during the application window.