International Admissions Officer
Role: International Admissions Officer - Independent School
Permanent Role - Full time
Salary: £20000 - £24000 pa
Location - Kensington, London
30 days excluding Bank Holidays per annum
Our client is a leading group of independent sixth form colleges that has campuses in London, Birmingham and Cambridge. They now have a growing number of international students. With this growth has come a need for student accommodation in each city.
In terms of staff, each city currently has a house parent and RAs supported by an accommodation offer and sales team. They are now looking to hire a new International Admissions Officer to start as soon as possible.
The International Admissions Officer will be an integral part of the existing International Student Recruitment Team. The post holder will contribute to the delivery of excellent customer service and the achievement of student recruitment objectives. Reporting to the Head of Compliance and International Admissions the role will include administrative support for the international recruiters and will undertake a central role in the administration of student visas.
Once students have completed the initial registration, the post holder will assist the admissions process, inputting data and decisions onto College systems, generating letters and collating documents for each file prior to issuing a CAS (required for visa). Providing clear pre-arrival information and support, distribution of induction and welcome packs and to ensure students are aware of the process and documentation required to secure a visa under the Tier 4 sponsorship.
Working closely with the Head of Compliance and International Admissions and other stakeholders throughout the organisation to ensure all admissions policies and practices are effective and consistent with UKVI regulations. To assist International Officers and Regional Office staff in resolving individual admissions and visa cases.
This position provides good progression opportunities as the Schools group of colleges and the internal team continues to grow. We welcome applicants from a range of admissions, recruitment or visa compliance backgrounds looking to step up from their current role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Working closely with the international student recruitment team the post holder will provide a range of administration support duties.
- Providing effective communication with students, parents and agents throughout each stage of the admissions process.
- Collate all documentation from students required for final registration and for the issuing of CAS (visa).
- Work with the Department Head and colleagues on the development of the CRM system and admissions processes.
- Provide timely reporting on admissions data
- To develop strong relations with international agents, train and update the agents and share best practise with colleagues
- Complete registrations with partner institutions such as NCUK and the University of London.
- To be fully conversant with UKVI sponsorship and compliance (training provided). To support the department head in maintaining UKVI compliance.
- To maintain admissions records for all international students entering our clients's colleges via the international recruitment team. Supporting the swift turnaround of applications and to check documentation authenticity and ensure suitability for our courses.
- To work with colleagues and the China International Office in developing market intelligence resources, agent information and contracts.
Qualification and Experience
- Previous work in an international educational environment
- Demonstrable previous experience of developing and maintaining institutional policies and procedures
- Experience of interpreting regulatory frameworks and a detailed understanding of their implication and impact
- Degree level
- Student recruitment
- Experience of international education systems and UK conversion
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of UKVI requirements (Tier 4)
- Marketing Qualification
- IT skills to include a sound knowledge of Word and Excel
- Able to work with database and CRM systems
- Excellent communication skills: oral and written
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to develop and implement robust, clear processes.
- Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels and ensure that messages are clearly understood;
- Approachable and constructive; assertive when necessary.
- The ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Proven ability to analyse and interpret complex written material in order to synthesise and develop policy and procedure.
Interviews will be held as soon as possible.
If you do have the relevant requirements and would like to be considered for this job, please send through your CV to Livia at Connaught Education - or call .
Connaught Education - The Independent Schools Specialist
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.