To manage a portfolio of customer accounts and establish and promote a culture of prompt payments from customers and the reduction of aged debt and potential bad debt exposure.
My client is looking to hire a Credit Controller into their team based in Birmingham City Centre. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a varied Credit Control role.
- Active and prompt credit control for approx 1000 live and terminated accounts.
- Investigating and resolving account queries as and when necessary and within strict time-lines.
- Manage a portfolio of national accounts and liaise with the national account management team regarding payment.
- Reduce aged debt and potential bad debt exposure to a minimum and within very strict time-lines.
- Securing payments within very tight deadlines and follow up action plans for non-payment
- Effectively liaise and communicate with internal and external departments/customers to resolve and escalate disputes or potential barriers restricting payments
- Production of month end reports up to trial balance and adhoc reporting as required.
- Experience within a credit control environment
- Professional telephone manner, with ability to communicate with all levels of staff
- Ability to working under pressure, and have some knowledge of month end procedures
- Excellent credit control and strong interpersonal skills.
- High level of communication written and verbal.
- Understand the importance of effective and prompt credit control and the timely collection of revenue.
Birmingham City Centre - Great Transport Links
£20,000 - £23,000
+ Other competitive benefits