Technical Publications Services Manager
Are you a creative visionary with the ability to modernise, implement new digital technologies and fabricate technical documentation for bespoke electro-mechanical products at a global level?
Electro-Mechanical Documentation Manager required to join an internationally successful leader in the development and manufacture of high-tech vacuum solutions.
The Electro-Mechanical Documentation Manager will join their growing team and be part of their continuing success be based at their site in Somerset OR Burgess Hill both locations are commutable from Bristol, Avon, Clevedon, South Wales, Gloucestershire and Taunton OR Haywards Heath, Brighton, Worthing and Eastbourne.
As an experienced Technical Communications professional you will be able to confidently manage an efficient and cost effective service; produce, maintain and translate manuals and technical documents; seek new digital technologies and publicise though a variety of media, in line with legal and commercial obligations.
Main Responsibilities for Electro-Mechanical Documentation Manager job:
- Running an efficient, centralised Technical Publications team providing English and translated manual services to all bespoke Vacuum Companies globally.
- Responsible and accountable for all standard and non-standard technical manuals produced by the centrally coordinated Technical Publications Services team.
- Budget/Revenue Management- Budget of around £1m annual spend.
- Providing guidance and coaching for technical authors and reviewing publication production processes globally for efficiency, effectiveness and compliance with legislative and quality requirements.
Main requirements for Electro-Mechanical Documentation Manager job:
- 5 years’ experience of technical writing as a technical author combined with 5 years’ experience in managing multi-site, multi-personnel teams.
- Familiarity with ERP system (i.E. SAP), CAD systems (e.G. CATIA or AutoCAD), manufacturing system (e.G. MAPICS) and website.
- Exposure to the use of DTP in Framemaker, graphics manipulation in Photoshop or Illustrator, engineering drawing in Catia/Inventor and web enabled publishing software (e.G. Adobe packages) in addition to normal office software.
This organisation's products are integral to the development of products for a wide variety of industries in a range of processes for both scientific instruments and various R&D applications. The company is the world's number one leader in these bespoke, high-speed, sophisticated solutions for clients worldwide in an increasing number of applications.
This is a fantastic time to join a highly successful, world leader in their field that offers abundance of customised training, development and career progression.