NHBC has a unique opportunity available for an Inspection Manager to join the team. This is a home based position in the Dorking, Sevenoaks, Dartford area. We are offering a salary of between £49,500 - £57,500 per annum.
Our purpose is to work with the house building industry to raise the standards of new homes and provide protection for homeowners. Homes are at the heart of all our lives and our employees are proud to be making a difference to improving the standards of house building in the UK. Being an independent non-profit distributing company with no shareholders enables us to focus on our mission. NHBC is the home warranty provider of choice, we currently insure over 1.6m homes, with a market share of approximately 80%.
The UK continues to see an increase in the number of new homes being built. Join us and we’ll offer constant challenge and ample scope to build a career in a refreshingly open, inspiring and friendly environment
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Inspection Management team. Our Inspection teams play a critical role in our success carrying out over one million inspections each year, working with builders and developers to provide the hundreds of thousands of high quality homes that the country needs.
This role is home based and due to the nature of the role, a full UK driving licence is essential.
The successful applicant will be required to manage an efficient, effective and economic inspection service within an allocated area. The position will involve the deployment, management and support of Building Inspectors together with the promotion of the objectives of the Inspection Service - to provide excellent risk management, advance good customer relations and assist in developing NHBC’s business.
- Managing a team of Building Inspectors
- Monitor performance of inspectors, identifying outcomes and taking appropriate action
- Carrying out performance and development reviews, agreeing objectives, identifying training and development needs, identifying links to personal and team development plans
- Within an allocated area take responsibility as the primary contact for NHBC Peer Group 5 & 6 Registered Builders which will involve effective customer relationship management.
- Contributing to and support of the Operations Business Plan
- Prepare and monitor the team Budget and deliver service within agreed limits
- Assessing sites for NHBC “Pride in the Job” quality campaign
Our ideal Inspection Manager:
Will be home based within the area to be managed. The ability to motivate, focus and develop individuals and the team will be essential. A good understanding of the house-building industry will complement your sound knowledge of relevant standards and regulations.
You are qualified to a minimum HNC/HND or NVQ6 level in a construction related discipline and working towards or full membership of a relevant professional institution ideally the Chartered Institute of Building or Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (CIOB, RICS) together with comprehensive knowledge of house building. Management experience and an appropriate managerial qualification is preferred.
In addition, you will need to demonstrate appropriate interpersonal skills and management capability, have solid presentational skills and be comfortable with the use of IT.
We offer ourInspection Manager a fantastic benefits package!
- £49,500 - £57,500 depending on experience, home location and including remote worker allowance
- Up to 10% bonus.
- Company car
- 26 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service.
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary.
- Partially funded private medical insurance.
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle purchase scheme.
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
- Employee assistance programme.
Click ‘apply’ today for the opportunity to join the UK’s leading independent standard-setting body and provider of warranty and insurance for new homes as our Inspection Manager.
NHBC is committed to the promotion of Equal Opportunities