Purchase Ledger Clerk
Purchase Ledger Clerk
£20k - £22K
Would you like to work for a high performing, well regarded organisation?
We are currently recruiting for a Purchase Ledger Clerk, to work alongside colleagues in the Purchase Ledger Accounts department, based in Bath of this fast growing business.
You will provide administration support to the Purchase Ledger Management team, ensuring the requirement of the Finance Department and the business as a whole are met within set deadlines. You will be responsible for ensuring a smooth and effective operation is achieved by making sure that the purchase ledger systems are updated and correct, ensuring the suppliers are paid in line with negotiated terms - thus making certain that the supply of goods and services are never suspended.
Your accountabilities include:
- Supplier details and payment information to be accurately maintained.
- Process invoices and credits onto Purchase Ledger system in line with department procedures.
- Identify supplier invoices that require re-optimisation in the OCR system to gain optimum detail identification.
- Maximise the number of suppliers sending invoices via Electronic Data Interchange.
- Respond to supplier / branch / store / HO enquiries
- Prompt analysis of supplier queries, including supplier statement reconciliations to assist management in agreeing the appropriate corrective action.
- Maximise the number of electronic statements.
- Document, investigate, and rectify statement to ledger differences. Ensure follow up procedure with suppliers and internal departments.
- Request and ensure missing invoices and credits are received and on the Purchase Ledger system.
With your previous general accounting knowledge and proficient excel skills, this is a perfect opportunity to demonstrate your strong organisational and prioritising skills. Within this role you will communicate at all levels and provide high attention to detail and accuracy. You will need to understand all areas of business and the impact Purchase Ledger can have on the business. It is important that you are a team player, logical, methodical and can work on your own initiative in a fast paced environment.
What we can offer you?
A busy and fast paced business with great benefits, and plenty of opportunities for career progression - join this firm as a Purchase Ledger Clerk based in Bath and share their success and good times with a hard-working, friendly bunch of people.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.