Facilities Manager / Building Services / Properties Manager
Job Title: Facilities Manager
Location: Penzance, Cornwall
Salary: £19,481 to £21,179 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37.5 Hours per Week)
The charity was established in 1877 and from its very earliest days has provided supportive accommodation to young people in need.
The charity is the largest and the oldest group of independent charities working with young people in the world. Across England there are 114 independent branches. Each one is a thriving and active community and an autonomous charity that is transforming lives.
They provide a wide array of community based activities and housing services to help meet local needs wherever they are based.
You will be responsible for ensuring the premises are adequately inspected and serviced to ensure compliance with legislation including the maintenance of records on all premises-related Health and Safety including notifying Devon and Cornwall Housing Association when repairs are required within properties owned by them in conjunction with the Housing Manager as well as co-ordinating the completion of the appropriate fire safety checks within each supported housing project and throughout the organisation and ensuring building risk assessments are up to date.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- To direct line manage multi-disciplinary teams of staff including housekeeping, maintenance and administration using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement and ensuring that highest standards of service are met in relation to room hire, facilities provision, and cleanliness of the building and resident areas where appropriate, both.
- Ensure the premises is adequately inspected and serviced to ensure compliance with legislation including the maintenance of records on all premises-related Health and Safety including notifying Devon and Cornwall Housing Association when repairs are required within properties owned by them in conjunction with the Housing Manager.
- To co-ordinate the completion of the appropriate fire safety checks within each supported housing project and throughout the organisation - ensuring completion of:
- Weekly - Fire alarm and emergency lights;
- Monthly - doors, fire extinguishers, fire exits;
- 6 monthly - fire drill.
- Take part in monthly Health and Safety checks within Cornwall's premises ensuring high standards and records and risk assessments are maintained and updated, as appropriate.
- Ensure all security alarms are maintained and all keys and locks accounted for and in good repair.
- Responsible for the provision of night security through external providers.
- Ordering consumables, stationary and maintenance products on behalf of the organisation obtaining best value.
- Ensure that all checks on all fire doors and alarms, fire alarms, emergency lighting and fire extinguishers are conducted on a regular basis and inform the appropriate outside agencies of any repairs and maintenance that maybe required in compliance with up to date health and safety legislation.
- Management and preparing of maintenance schedules on conjunction with the maintenance team.
- Management of telephone and mobile telephone contracts on behalf of the organisation.
- Management of utilities, rates and insurances for the organisation.
- Management and stocking of the vending machine.
- Maintenance and restocking of first aid boxes.
- Ensure any company vehicle is taxed, insured, has an MOT and is serviced in line with current guidance and legislation requirements.
- To attend meetings as required.
- To undertake any other duties that meets the exigencies of the service.
Base of work will be Penzance however travel throughout Cornwall will be required.
The duties of the post may require some evening working.
Skills, abilities & personal qualities:
- A qualification in facilities or business management, or similar, would be an advantage.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels providing clear and concise written and verbal communications appropriate to the audience and with good, active listening skills.
- Competent decision maker with proven problem solving skills and the ability to generate workable solutions.
- Positive, enthusiastic and inspirational with the ability to drive forward initiatives as appropriate.
- RSA or equivalent keyboard skills.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the application portal.
Candidates with the relevant job titles and experience of; Facilities Manager, Facilities Coordinator, Repairs Manager, Building Services Manager, Works Manager, Facilities Officer, Property Services Manager, Properties Manager, Properties Maintenance may also be considered for this role.