SUPPORT CENTRE LOCATION
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
Here at New Look we like to think of ourselves as Rock Stars! Within our buzzing environment all our talented people work hard but we ensure some fun is thrown in too! We are entering a bold and brave new phase and we’re striving to be a fashion brand with attitude. Fashion is personal and we want everyone to celebrate self-expression, helping our customers to look good, feel great and express themselves with fashion. At New Look, the only rule is that there are no rules and we want people who can make a difference, think big, think brave and aren’t afraid to make mistakes.
LIFE AT NEW LOOK:
London and Weymouth are the core homes of our Icons within key support functions such as Buying, Merchandising, Design, Digital, HR, Finance to name a few… Not forgetting our stores which are the heart of our business, bringing all of the creativity and innovation to life and our distribution centres in Stoke-on-Trent supplying the goods.
All of our products are designed within our support centre to help you express your style, your way. We will give you the opportunity to be the best, boldest and most individual self within your job role allowing you to take your skill set wherever you want it to go.
As a growing global workplace there will be opportunity to mobilise your skillset should you want to work internationally. You will be working alongside inspirational leaders, colleagues and friends who will embrace your ideas.
A really exciting opportunity as a Tax Assistant has come up within our Tax and Finance team, which supports the rest of the tax team. This role will support tax analysts in preparation for UK Corporate Tax returns, the VAT Manager in monitoring filing and payment of all eCommerce VAT returns, in the EU and assisting in the preparation of international VAT returns. You would also be responsible supporting Tax Analysts in collation of employee benefit information.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
• Responsible for preparation of quarterly P46(Car) returns and annual P11Ds ready for review and filed on time before due date.
• The above involves collating, collecting and processing data onto the P11D software for main benefits provided by the UK company, for example, car, fuel and health care.
• To ensure that data required for filing annual PAYE Settlement Agreement (PSA) is analysed and recorded on an Excel spreadsheet for Manager’s review and finalisation before filing on due date.
• The above involves analysing Lawson nominals and reviewing staff expenses including credit card expenses, as well as following up with employees in respect of timely submission of mileage logs, sample check accuracy of the logs and follow up with repayment of private fuel.
• Submission of Option to Tax on new property leases by liaising with Property team and completing the relevant paperwork for filing to be checked by Manager.
• Assistance and preparation of month end balance sheet reconciliations
• Posting of journals into tax nominals
• Raising of Purchase orders for tax fees
• General admin especially retrieving old copy invoices for the rest of the Tax team to facilitate analysis for filing or responses to HMRC enquiries in all taxes.
• Other admin duties include photocopying, scanning, archiving etc.
• Any other ad-hoc assignments as required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Interest in developing basic accounting experience into tax specialism
• Numeric and willing to learn
• Attention to detail
• Excel skills
• BTEC Business studies
• A level Accounting
PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• On the job training will be provided but knowledge of New Look finance systems would be an advantage
MINIMUM LEVEL OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• GSCE or O levels
As well as the opportunity for great career progression, there is everything from bonus schemes to season ticket loans that will make life a little bit easier for you - including a huge staff discount of 50%, holiday days and access to our New Look Rewards which include some amazing discounts across a number of different businesses.
We understand that a Rock Star lifestyle isn’t a 9am -5:30pm thing… so we are open to talk about flexible working! No promises but let’s have the chat and see what we can do! Not to mention our 4pm Friday finishes, what more could you want?