Temp Income Accountant
Great Opportunity for a income accountant/ service charge accountant to join a local well respected business.
This role would suit someone that has worked in housing.
My client is a well respected, local property/ housing business. My client is in need of someone to join their finance team as a temporary worker. This role has strong scope to become a longer term, permanent opportunity.
This is a fun, friendly and inclusive business based in the centre of leatherhead.
As an income accountant, you will be responsible for:
- Maintain all rent & service charges records - including bank & HB receipts
- Rent modelling & setting new rents and service charges
- Ensure leasehold management and service charges are applied accurately and within terms of the leases and current legislation
- Annual statements issued to leaseholders within statutory time limits
- Responsible for annual external service charge audit
- Set and monitor rent & service charge budgets and budgets for all other income
- Prompt and accurate raising of sundry invoices
- Produce monthly debtor reports for all other income and ensure that the requestor is collecting the debt - assist where necessary.
- Tenant Liaison - negotiation for agreements on service charge arrears where appropriate - request write off's where appropriate.
- Check all credit notes / write off for accuracy and appropriate authority before entering onto Open
- Liaise with Asset management on recharging for major works and produce S20's for estimated charges
- Liaise with rent collections on all matters of overdue rent accounts
- Calculate final charges for freehold reversions
- Oversee sinking funds
- Projects relating to rents & service charges - i.e. bring DD's in house?
- Data protection for finance
- Balance sheet Reconciliations
- Keep up to date with legislation changes and incorporate into procedures
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a housing/ service charge experience
- Be able to start at short notice
- Be committed to a temp role, and also interested in longer term opportunities
- Able to commute to leatherhead on a daily basis
- On-going temp role that may have scope to become permanent
- On-site parking
- Fun, friendly inclusive environment