Billing & Revenue Accounts Assistant
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to work within a sociable and supportive team within an award winning company.
Some of your duties will include but not be limited to:
* Reconcile ledgers.
* Attend group meetings and any training.
* Dealing with all VAT requirements.
* Assisting with month end accounting.
* Produce and present financial reports to fee-earners
* Management of group disbursements including purchase ledger postings and editing and direct debit postings and procedures
* Liaise with fee earners and Partners to discuss issues and matters.
* Review fee earners and Partners revenue and profitability reports.
* Deal with and resolve any fee earner queries.
* Input, raise and process bills to clients.
* Transfer monies within the client ledger.
* Time transaction - transferring or reversing time postings and manually re-valuing time.
* Write off any small balances and close files.
* Project financial management.
The successful candidate will have:
* Previous professional services billing experience.
* Excellent IT skills with advanced capability using Microsoft Excel.
* Knowledge of VAT.
* High level of numeracy
* The ability to prioritise work, work to deadlines and flexible with regard to working hours.
* Good communication skills and the ability to liaise confidently and professionally at all levels.
* Ideally be studying towards a professional accounting qualification such as AAT.
The company are offering a competitive benefits package which includes:
* Social working hours of 9.15am to 5.15pm with an hour for lunch Monday to Friday.
* A salary of between £21,000 and £24,000 (DOE)
* 25 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
* Private medical insurance
* Life assurance
* Seasonal ticket loan
* Contributory pension contribution
* Salary sacrifice scheme for childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
Please quote 40895 when calling Alexander Lloyd. This is only one of many vacancies we are handling. Alexander Lloyd Finance and Accountancy is the leading recruiter of part-qualified Accountants, Financial and Management Accountants, Financial Controllers, and Finance Directors across Surrey, Sussex, London and Kent.
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website www.alexanderlloyd.co.uk for any other roles which may be of interest.