Junior Graphics Designer
Are you a graduate in graphic design, Illustration, visual communication, animation, character design?
Do you have a portfolio to showcase your design/digital illustration skills?
Are you keen to gain experience in a fast paced and varied organisation?
If yes, I might have the right role for you!
My client is an innovative organisation that works to grow UK companies and improve cities by bringing together universities, companies and local authorities to solve problems cities face.
They are looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to join their London office for an 18 month FTC paying £22k-£28k.
I am assisting them in this search, looking for a brilliant Junior Illustrator/Graphic Designer to help the Creative Design Team bring to life the work of our engineers and inspire our partners, stakeholders and global audience.
You will be a key member of our Strategies Team within our lab, and work in multi-disciplinary project teams with anthropologists, service and digital designers, data scientists, urbanists, filmmakers and copywriters.
You will actively collaborate in a wide variety of projects and be responsible for visual communications required throughout the process (not just at the final stage).
You will help with creating and communicating, using a range of analog and digital media which include:
- Presentations and reports (Keynote, PowerPoint, InDesign, etc).
- Workshop material (posters, activity templates, activity cards, etc).
- Props to support our user research (idea cards, prototypes, conversation tools…).
- Current and future scenarios, storyboards and user journeys.
To be considered you will have:
- A graduate degree in a relevant design subject (graphic design, Illustration, visual communication, animation, character design, etc).
- Good analog and digital illustration skills and are developing a strong portfolio.
- Good communication and storytelling skills.
- An understanding of communicating complex scenarios and concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Basic UI and UX thinking, to work closely with our digital teams.
- An advanced level in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other graphic software.
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.