MagenTys help embed a quality driven software process and power digital transformation for companies such as M&S, Companies House, Photobox and L&G through 1-2-1 and enterprise coaching / training, Open Source tooling and hands-on delivery. For over 10 years, our expert consultants have enabled both small and enterprise teams to release quality software faster with a core focus on BDD, Automation and QA.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
We are looking to recruit a permanent Intermediate Testing Engineer to work from both our Head Office and with our clients onsite in and around London. You will help shape the ongoing product development for our High Profile Clients around the London area (Westminster).
As Intermediate Test Engineer you will:
- Work as part of the testing team ensuring that mobile, tablet and web based software are developed using industry best practice and standards.
- You will define best test strategies and practices and conduct general QA and bug finding, as well as Test preparation.
- Learn and collaborate within agile teams
- Running test cases/test scenarios/regression testing
- Using test tracking tools for the software testing lifecycle (such as MS Test Manager).
- Recording and analysing test results, and generating issue reports and raising bugs.
- Monitoring and tracking statuses using issue tracking systems, and conduct retests after issues are resolved.
- Collaborating with and provide guidance to developers towards creating more testable and robust code.
- Ensuring highest quality and confidence leading up to product release.
- Undertake writing test scenarios in Gherkin syntax (Given/When/Then)
- Undertake demonstration of new features under test within the sprint.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
At MagenTys we favour candidates with an aptitude for both business and technical skills. The successful applicant will:
- Have excellent communication skills and enjoys working closely with development teams to robustly test software to produce a quality product.
- You will need to have experience in a similar Test Engineer role and be able to show an ability to blend IT skills into a software environment.
- Have a passion for software testing and quality assurance
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Any .Net exposure desirable.
We are looking for someone who is passionate, curious and excited by new technology and the tech industry. They will have the ability to solve problems independently, logically and analytically. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and be able to work well as part of a team.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
MagenTys are a dynamic and ambitious company with plans to achieve great things. We are looking for team players who want to be part of our success and who will grow with the company. In return, we offer training and development and a competitive salary within a fun but professional environment. Training can include quality enablement functions such as Test Automation if desired.
We have an excellent benefits package which includes Private Medical Insurance, Health Cash Plan Service, Life Assurance and a great many perks, such as discounts from major retailers, discounted gym membership, breakdown cover, mobile phone insurance and so much more!