Commercial Finance Analyst
Anthony Cole Associates are proud to be working with a globally renowned brand in the Property, Real Estate and Facilities industry who continue to go from strength to strength. Due to an internal promotion and increasing workload, they are hiring a newly created truly commercial and client-facing role on site with a high profile client based in the Docklands.
Reporting to the Finance Director, this client facing and focused opportunity will shadow the current incumbent for an initial period of 3 months whilst learning the role, before a chain of promotions allows the current incumbent to move into another role in the team. It will provide comprehensive EMEA wide financial analysis as part of the London Finance Team for the Contract to support financial performance, decision making and manage regional working capital.
This role will be responsible for the client accounts on the contract, with a heavy weighting on financial analysis, budgeting & forecasting and business partnering with the operations teams of the client to drive profitability through cost reductions and efficiencies.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Prepare complete, accurate and timely regional financial reports in order to achieve strict monthly client reporting requirements. This will include, but is not limited to, the review and sign off of monthly billing and monthly Client accruals, preparation of regional Dashboard report, provision of Management Fee and Labour charges to Client Accountant prior to monthly billing.
- Contribute to strategic planning to achieve contractual requirements
- Preparation of regional forecasts in line with client business requirements in conjunction with the Regional Cluster FM
- Comply with all regulatory and corporate business reporting deadlines
- Any other reporting as requested by the Finance Director
- Understand procedures and processes and operate them to the required standard encouraging best practice. Able to understand and influence the Regional Account profit & loss report.
- Participate in monthly regional account reviews and manage agreed actions
- Continually review cash position to ensure that all suppliers within region are settled within contracted period
- Continually review, maintain and improve billing, debt, work in progress, purchase orders against plan, forecast, prior year, Account, Client and Company results.
- Ensure all Project Management related costs are recharged to Client on a timely basis
- Maintain control over Affiliate entities, review billing against budget and escalate any discrepancies
Communication and Relationships
- Understand, anticipate and deliver customer (internal and external) needs while building effective relationships
- Positively respond to both our internal and external customers through effective communication and personal accessibility, while optimising account performance
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with FMs within Region
- Regional account issues and solutions are identified promptly, communicated to the appropriate level and resolution managed through the monthly business review process
- Fully comprehend the financial and commercial detail of contracts to ensure optimal performance and risk management
- Visit sites, meet customers and communicate with Account line managers
- Share knowledge and best practice across the company
- Act as a specialist partner to the Regional Cluster Lead to both advise on and challenge performance
- Convey messages and ideas clearly and openly. Involve people and influence decisions. Report internally and externally. Give and receive constructive feedback successfully.
To be considered for this commercial focused opportunity, you will be a qualified accountant who has a good academic record however most importantly has passed your CIMA/ACCA exams quickly. Coming from a complex, client & operationally focused environment and ideally a similar contract based international business (FM, Support Services, Engineering/Construction etc), you will have a good understanding of analysis and commercial business partnering, driving profitability and client satisfaction. The person to succeed in this role will demonstrate excellent interpersonal abilities and a calm, composed nature. Naturally client centric, you will be assertive, sympathetic and able to liaise and work with people of all levels in the business. Excellent Excel Skills and experience using ERP systems are also key.