Communications Assistant, Coventry
Langley House Trust has an exciting opportunity for a Communications Assistant to join the team in Coventry on a part time, permanent basis working 21 hours per week. The successful candidate will receive a salary of £11,372 per annum plus benefits.
Langley House Trust is an innovative Christian charity that provides specialist housing, programmes and support services in the community for offenders seeking to live crime-free lives. Since 1958 we have earned an enviable reputation for reducing reoffending with proven results.
Regardless of a person’s history, our passion is to change every life for the better, working with people of all faiths and none.
Langley House Trust is a national Christian charity specialising in providing at-risk marginalised groups (including those leaving prison) with accommodation, support and rehabilitation in a supportive Christian environment.
As our Communications Assistant, you will contribute to the achievement of Business Plan objectives for Langley House Trust and subsidiary companies, including assisting in the management of social media streams, development of communications content and administering and attending promotional activities and events.
In this new role, reporting to the Head of Communications, our Communications Assistant responsibilities will include:
- Assist in gathering, collating and generating material for marketing, events and communications.
- Gather, collate and generate material for internal and/or external prayer resources.
- Assist in generating other types of faith-based material (e.g. devotionals).
- Contribute to the organisation and delivery of internal communications events (e.g. staff conferences, spiritual retreats).
- Contribute to the organisation and delivery of external events (e.g. stakeholder events, thanksgivings).
- Represent the Trust at faith-based events (e.g. church talks, Christian conferences)
- Assist in the management, development and analysis of social media and website content.
- Coordinate event registration and associated database management.
To become our Communications Assistant you must have experience in the following:
- Ability working as part of a team effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to prioritise work to deliver results when faced with tight deadlines and conflicting tasks
- Competent with the Microsoft suite, in particular; Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
You must also be able to:
- Occasionally travel to visit Trust locations in the UK, including those situated away from public transport links
- Work flexible hours, if required
- Fully support equal opportunities and achieving diversity in the workplace
If you are in harmony with the Christian ethos of our organisation and wish to join our team as our Communications Assistant please click ‘Apply’ now!
Closing Date: 12th July 2017
We reserve the right to close earlier if we receive sufficient applicants.
Please note that a satisfactory police check is required for this role and that job offers will be subject to the Trust receiving satisfactory evidence of the successful applicant’s right to work in the UK.