Senior UI Designer - Leading Retail Brand
A leading retail brand are looking for a Senior UI Designer to join their cross-functional digital team to assist with a full digital transformation from a brand new online platform, that has been turning heads in the retail space since its launch, to bespoke in-store digital experiences. This is a great opportunity to really make your mark within a brand and build not just beautiful, but highly functional customer experiences.
It’s a very exciting time to join the brand with a huge roadmap of projects due to the transformation currently under way. They 0plan on rolling out a number of web and mobile applications alongside the new look and feel for all multi-channel customer experiences.
You will join a lean and agile design team consisting of designers and developers where from day one you will be getting hands on with design. The role plays a crucial part in implementing a solid design process that will ensure a consistent look and feel across all digital touch points.
The team will be seeking to expand and ultimately this role will lead to mentoring and managing junior designers so will be a great chance for anyone looking to step up into management positions down the line.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Creating beautiful visuals for both Web and Mobile applications.
- Play a core part in developing the UI and front-end style guide.
- Pushing the boundaries of the brand guidelines to create unique customer experiences.
- Partnering with a developer to launch projects to tight deadlines.
- Joining a sociable, fast paced working environment.
- Working closely with a number of teams internally to ensure consistency across each platform.
What you will have:
- Experience in a similar role and a portfolio that demonstrates your skills.
- Strong layout and typographical skills.
- Experience using Sketch App and other similar tools.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of user-centred design
- An understanding of HTML & CSS (Will not be required to code)
- Experience mentoring other designers is desirable.
- Previous experience in retail desirable but not required.