Group Financial Controller
To work closely with the Head of Finance to manage the Financial Reporting, Treasury, Tax, and Financial Operations (Insurance Accounts and Accounts Payable); ensuring efficient and effective day-to-day operational and financial management.
• The production of the monthly management accounts, cash flow and balance sheets.
• Involvement in forecasting and budgeting Group profit & loss, cash flow and balance sheets.
• The financial year-end process including the preparation of financial statements for the Group and its subsidiaries.
• Assist in running the annual external Group Audit process and help ensure that recommended improvements and actions are implemented in a timely manner.
• Responsible for continuous improvement of Group Financial Controls
• Ensure all relevant FCA requirements are met.
• Managing the Company’s cash and net debt position.
• Monitor and report on banking covenant compliance.
• Continuous improvement of the Groups short term cash flow forecasting.
• Oversee the tax affairs of the Group and ensure tax is efficiently managed.
• Help to execute tax planning opportunities to minimise tax payable by the Group.
• Manage the group VAT registration and payment process
• Support the broader business in all tax related affairs.
• Ensures timely payment of all invoices received by the Group, ensuring appropriate controls are in place and adhered to.
• Continuous improvement of all Financial Operations processes.
• Continual reporting and escalation of process to the business in order to ensure compliance with finance policies Knowledge & Experience Required
• Qualified Accountant with 5+ years Post Qualification Experience, trained within a large audit firm and possesses excellent technical skills, with a strong understanding of the insurance industry.
• Previous experience of financial control work.
• Significant experience operating at a senior level, including Board exposure.
• Experience building, leading and managing a team, delivering high standards of performance.
• The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a wide range of stakeholders.
• Enthusiastic and positive attitude
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Good communication skills
• Good people skills with the ability to engage with different departments
• Ability to nurture and develop a finance team.
Nova Search & Selection are acting as an employment agency in respect of this vacancy.