Environmental Advisor (Construction Main Contractor) - Central London
Our client is a Top 10 Main Contractor in the Construction Industry requiring no introduction! In recent years, they have increased their presence in the UK through extensive expansion and acquisitions. These, together with their existing operations, position them as a major British player with a combined turnover of around £750m+ per annum.
Having recently secured several new major projects in London and the South East, we have a requirement for an Environmental Advisor working on a variety of Mixed Use, Residential, Hotels & Leisure and Public Buildings projects.
Environmental Advisor responsibilities:
- Tracking and analysing new regulations applicable to the activities of the company.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the environmental management element of the company management system.
- Undertaking audits on project sites in other business units.
- Producing environmental ABC communications.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring environmental initiatives and campaigns
- Carrying out data analysis (cause & effects).
- Identifying and providing guidance to assist with the reduction of consumptions.
- Conducting environmental performance internal and external reporting, to include to UKCG, Enablon and CarbonEco reporting.
- Assisting with the development of a waste reduction strategy.
- Compiling and analysing actions employed to reduce waste on site.
- Analysing the "suppliers / materials" generating waste and look for new improvement sources with supply chain and subcontractors.
- Communicating good practices and any achieved improvement (internal).
- Preparing the data for, attending and contributing to HSEQ Business Unit Management meetings.
- Delivering applicable environmental training / awareness.
- Providing guidance to assist sites with their preparation for Ecosite and Green Site Office audits.
Environmental Advisor skills and experience:
- Degree educated in a relevant subject - Desirable
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A full / valid drivers licence
- Ability to travel to multiple sites
Our client offers excellent training, project work and career development opportunity.
If this role sounds of interest, please forward your CV through to Dominic Coyne.