LINUX SUPPORT ANALYST
Linux Support Analyst - Linux, Security, Firewall - Are you a Security Engineer / Security Analyst with hands on Linux one or more of the following:- RedHat, Centos, Ubuntu or Debian skills? Do you have a passion for learning about security tools like - SIEM, Vulnerability Management, PCI DSS, ISO27001, Firewalls, Network Access Control, Two Factor Authentication, Host based IDS/IPS, Network IPS/IDS AAA, PKI, PCI DSS, ISO27001, HMG IA. If so, my client a specialist security company based in London need a Security Operations Engineer with Linux skills to join a growing, fast-paced team.
Key experience and skills:
- Linux - Linux system administration - maintenance, scripting and automation, Linux - Redhat / Centos / Kali / Ubuntu / Debian or Mint - Linux Command Line Scripting / Development exposure, Routing & Core Switching knowledge, VPNs, Firewall and a keen knowledge and passion for IT Security.
- Scripting skills in at least one of the following are highly desirable: Ruby, Python, shell (bash, ksh, csh). Working knowledge of Java would be advantageous but not essential.
- Technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, (authentication and security protocols, cryptography), operation of a PKI, and application security
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Analytic skills to understand security implications of technical events
- Extensive troubleshooting and research skills with a positive and proactive approach to customer service and getting things done
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- CEH, CISSP, SANS/GIAC or CREST certifications or other security certifications (Advantageous)
- Keen interest in security protocols - any skills in the following would be advantageous - SIEM, Vulnerability Management, PCI DSS, ISO27001, Firewalls, Network Access Control, Two Factor Authentication, Host based IDS/IPS, Network IPS/IDS AAA, PKI (Windows and Linux) PCI DSS, ISO27001, HMG IA, SIEM, Certifications - Juniper, Cisco, Pfsense or Linux
Due to the nature of my client, you will need to be SC/ security cleared for this role so it is imperative that you have been a resident in the UK for the last 5 years and have a traceable UK work record.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly expanding award winning company. This Linux Support Analyst role can be done from London, Surrey or working remotely from Home. Starting salary is £36,000 - £40,000 + Bonus + Benefits + Pension. Circa £45,000 Package.
Linux, CompTIA Linux+ LPI, Linux Professional Institute Certifications LPIC, Linux Foundation LCFS LCFE, Red Hat RHCSA, RHCE, RHCA, Extreme Switches, Fortinet FortiGate platform, Aruba wireless, Cisco wireless, Palo Alto, F5, Juniper, Sonicwall, Checkpoint, RSA, Cisco ASA, Juniper SSG, SRX, Watchguard, Okta, Linux, Ubuntu, Redhat