1st Line Support Analyst
1st Line Support Analyst | Horsham | £18,000 pa to £22,000 pa
Our respected and well known client in Horsham are seeking a 1st Line Support Analyst to assist with application support and IT issues, customer service skills are extremely important for this role as this is a very professional national service desk.
You will be providing 1st point of contact support for our UK customers, by email, telephone and via our ITSM Web Portal. Working in a team of 1st and 2nd Line Support Analysts, supporting a range of technologies including, Windows XP/7 desktop users, IP telephony, networks, computer hardware, peripherals and bespoke developed applications.
As part of this role you will be required to participate in the Out of Hours support rota once full training has been provided. Additional payments will be made for shifts on this rota.
Areas of Accountability:
- Provide a single point of contact for our customers, maintaining professionalism at all times and ensuring our customers are kept updated on progress and resolution
- Taking calls from customers and logging support tickets on their behalf
- Triage of tickets and queue management, assigning tickets that cannot be resolved to 2nd Line support
- Diagnosing and resolving technical incidents and requests
- Remotely connecting to customers systems to provide training and support
- Provide training and guidance to customers on our products
- Escalation of major incidents and complaints
- Logging Incidents and requests in our Service Management tool, working to an agreed priority matrix
- Input into the growth of our internal and external knowledgebase, ensuring colleagues and customers have the correct support documentation
- To provide and receive quality feedback to/from peers and team members to aid personal development.
- Working to agreed SLA’s, such as ticket quality and customer satisfaction
- To ensure delivery to (and exceeding of) agreed service level agreements for performance and availability of all IT services.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Knowledge of ITSM best practice (ie ITIL) desirable but not essential
- Experience of operating in a complex service oriented arena.
- Experience of working with bespoke software products and hardware is essential
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Able to work under pressure in sometimes sensitive situations
- A strong team player with a can do attitude
- Able to take ownership of incidents and see through to resolution
- Excellent Customer Service skills with a passion for service
- Good understanding of Windows XP/7
- Experience and understanding of TCP/IP routers, switching and basic networking technologies
- PC hardware knowledge including fault diagnosis
- Previous experience of using remote access tools
- Telephony experience including systems and integration
- Networking experience and virtual private networks
- Commercial awareness
- Experience of using IT Service Management tools and ticketing systems such as Zendesk
First Recruitment Services are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.