Graduate Business Analyst & Project Management internship- Croydon council
Job title: Graduate Business Analyst & Project Management - Gateway & Welfare Transformation Programme (x 2)
An exciting role has arisen for two six month Graduate Internships, working as a Business Analyst and System Development Officer in the Gateway & Welfare Transformation Programme Office in Croydon Council. Gateway & Welfare is a new division set up to support individuals and families affected by Welfare Reform, and provide a holistic approach to finding sustainable solution to people having financial and housing stability.
Before you apply, please check that you are willing to travel to the London Borough of Croydon.
Croydon is a distinctive and diverse place and is London’s most populated borough. Croydon is about to undergo the biggest development and regeneration programme since the 1960s with £3bn of investment flowing into the borough over the next five years, building a positive future for residents and businesses alike.
We are passionate about the value of public services and our new headquarters has the customer at the heart of what we do. It brings together 75 services including council, Met Police, NHS, Jobcentre Plus, Croydon Credit Union and Citizens Advice Bureau under one roof, allowing us all to work together as one team. This makes now an exciting time to join our team delivering vital services to over 360,000 residents. This role focusses on improvements in services which support residents, working across homelessness, housing, immigration, public health, and children and adults social care.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to gain an unrivalled insight into a career in Business Analysis and System Development in a large organisation.
The council has been delivering a significant transformation programme over the last two years in response to the financial constraints local government is currently facing. We are entering into an exciting new phase of this programme, drawing upon the fields of demand management and behavioural insight, customer centric design and well as strong business intelligence to develop a demand led target operating model for the organisation which will be delivered over the next three years.
We are looking to recruit a professional, enthusiastic and hardworking System Development Officer and Business Analyst to support this work.
The roles have no limits on the level of involvement and ownership the successful candidate would be able to achieve, so would suit people with commitment, enthusiasm, flexibility, ability to learn quickly and with an abundance of talent. You will be working alongside the Gateway & Welfare Transformation Programme Office and our delivery partners, providing an excellent opportunity to develop business change skills for the public sector. The role will involve tasks such as:
- Gathering complex information from system users and presenting the data to create trend analysis, presentations and communication plans.
- Supporting short term initiatives/projects as required to produce regular reports, insights and reviews
- Carrying out a support analysis, mapping customer journeys and business processes, gathering requirements and looking at options for business process redesign (BPR) and service delivery models
- Presenting information and data in an engaging way to provoke inquiry and thought
- Engaging with internal stakeholders to present findings, recommendations and to deliver the actions agreed
- Support transformational project delivery
The candidate will need to be able to demonstrate a strong project management, analytical and Business process reengineering (BPR) skills. Work experience in a business change project or system support field or equivalent is desirable.
- Minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree in a discipline with an emphasis on analytical skills
- Ideally experienced with a relevant business/analytical degree, you're also familiar, MS Excel/Visio/numerical data
- Project management experience
- Experience in developing insights from large data sets.
- Strong BPR skills, ideally six sigma trained or similar
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- An ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- Ability to work and deliver within a Project Structure.
- Time management and prioritisation skills are highly important along with a strong attention to detail.
- An understanding of change management is desirable.
£400 per week