Accounts Payable Supervisor
Accounts Payable Supervisor - Immediate start preferable
GBP31,000 p.a + excellent benefits package
My client is a fantastic, well known construction company based in the heart of London, who are currently looking to recruit an experienced Account Payable Supervisor. As part of a larger group, they offer an enjoyable working environment, where you will report into the Finance Manager, as part of a finance team of x6. A vacancy has arisen for an Accounts Payable Supervisor/Manager to join the small accounts team of 8 in the London office.
The Accounts Payable section processes and deals with a high volume of supplier and subcontractor invoices and applications for payment. (about 300-400 per week) and a large number of phone calls and emails, both externally and internally.
Overview of position :
· Overall control over both the supplier and subcontractors ledgers, ensuring invoices are correctly and timely recorded, authorised and paid and any queries resolved.
· Ensuring the costs are correctly coded to appropriate projects and running various project cost reports and outstanding supplier balances reports.
· Preparing weekly payment reports.
· Dealing with subcontractor calls, emails and queries and supervising 4 staff members
Detailed activities carried out in the AP Dept:
· monitoring the accounts department email in-box on a daily basis and answering queries
· printing out invoices and payment applications and logging in the invoice register
· stamping, project coding and scanning invoices
· entering purchase invoices into Easybuild
· running reports of unpaid transactions and running weekly payment proposal reports
· chasing up queries or unauthorised invoices with Project Managers in order to obtain approval prior to payment
· responding to suppliers and sub-contractors by phone and email regarding payment dates and CIS queries
· reconciling supplier statements and resolving queries
· running ad hoc reports from time to time and supervising three assistants
Candidate spec :
Ideally the candidate would :
· Have experience of working in a high volume purchase ledger environment
· Be familiar with Excel, Word and Outlook
· Have attention to detail and a professional telephone manner
· Be used to working in a small team
· Have experience of the construction industry, property or a project management environment
If this sounds like you and you are looking for a fresh challenge, then please apply now or call Stephanie Taggart at Collective Recruit Ltd
Our client has appointed Collective Recruit as their resource partner & we are managing this role on their behalf. To apply for this position please click on the "apply now" button below. Your details as submitted by you, will only be forwarded in relation to this vacancy; by submitting your CV to us you are giving us express consent to provide our client with your full details if we believe your skills and experience meets with our client's criteria and/or need.