Location: London, N1 7JQ
Salary: £65k - £75k DOE
Term: Full Time, Permanent
About the company:
This is an opportunity to work with the Health Service Journal, of Wilmington Healthcare, as an Awards Director, overseeing our Awards product delivery, new product development, strategy and innovation.
Nearing its 125th year, The HSJ serves English healthcare’s senior leadership community with vital intelligence. It provides a clear and unbiased view of what’s happening now and what’s coming up at both political and practical levels, locally and nationally. HSJ strives to shape the NHS agenda, providing a forum for decision makers to connect and influence change.
• Business Development
• Project Management
• Creative Director
Awards Product Delivery
• Lead the creation, development and delivery of the HSJ Awards portfolio (3 existing: Value Awards; Patient Safety Awards and HSJ Awards and drive to exceed financial and target revenue & costs.
• Identify the most highly regarded experts for each category as judges
• Write the criteria for each category ensuring easy for entrants to complete as well as enough to judge.
• Write compelling press releases and copy that drives inbound entries and category sponsorship leads
• Develop alongside the commercial director a sales plan that supports and exceeds the budgeted sales revenue
• Lead and own the creation and development of a new awards launch: HSJ Healthcare Partnership Awards
• Identify other new awards opportunities, researching with the market using market insight to evolve ideas from concept to viable commercial products
• Develop driver-based commercial understanding of the 4 awards budgeted in 17/18 and the core KPIs, covering all entry, revenue & cost streams, to drive the business forward.
• Build and drive the end-to-end project plan for each of these awards, manage the awards P&Ls, and report on performance versus key milestones and KPIs.
• Develop an awards strategy and supporting business plan, based on user and market understanding, that delivers growth
• Review and articulate a compelling sales and attendee value proposition
• Review and update awards categories to ensure commercially viable
• Review and set plans and pricing model that delivers agreed revenue and profit targets
• Review and develop sales collateral to ensure articulating a convincing value proposition
• Be accountable for delivering the budgeted revenues and costs
• Forecast and report defined award(s) P&L at regular intervals as required.
• Execute business strategy, plans and pricing policy for awards that optimises yield return, setting targets and objectives for team to ensure business goals are achieved i.e. categories and tables
• Chair and lead all project plan meetings, inviting stakeholders to attend as necessary.
• Develop sales plans and identify critical Kpis for delegate sales and sponsorship to ensure progress is evaluated.
• Lead the Marketing Team to build marketing plans to support your awards strategies for entry generation activity, lead gen and revenue goals.
• Work closely with the Events Operations Team to ensure operational and logistical aspects of the show underpin and support the strategic aims.
Innovation and improvement
• Identify new initiatives and trends, recommending appropriate innovation to drive and exceed results.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Sales CRM (SalesForce, MS Dynamics or similar) experience desired but not essential
• Strong Microsoft Excel experience
• Website CMS
• Demonstrable project management experience in events/conferences at a senior level
• Any experience and/or knowledge of the healthcare industry and NHS is welcomed