The Production Manager is a key member of the Operations Team and reports to the Manufacturing Manager. They are responsible for confidently leading the day to day delivery and control of the manufacturing people and processes.
Our client are a global manufacturing business based in Bristol who specialise in manufacturing products for the Automotive sector.
Key responsibilities of the Production Manager include:
- Lead, motivate and inspire the production operators by managing performance of the team, setting objectives and holding regular reviews, produce and implement training development plans that ensure the effectiveness of personnel and develop the team into a multi-skilled agile workforce
- Ensure that production capacity can be planned and flexed to meet on time customer demand, business requirements and forecast growth. This includes managing the training requirements and cover for holidays and sickness
- Working with the whole operations team driving efficiencies to improve production capacity and waste reduction ensuring the business can deliver its annual and strategic growth targets.
- Manage and report on operations Key Performance Indicator's
- Liaise with sales and logistics teams to ensure a clear, structured and levelled production plan is in place to meet monthly sales targets / customer demand ( Sales Inventory Operations Planning)
- Monitor and measure progress against the production plan through the daily Lean walks and planning tools to effect recovery and feedback to higher level SIOP.
- Work with the whole operations team to plan and execute improvement plans and lean activities ensuring they are on plan and operations are continually improving.
- Ensure Lean Principles developed and set by the Lean Champion, Production Engineering and Continuous Improvement teams are maintained and further developed
- Take personal responsibility for ensuring 5S and Visual Management tools within the two production factories are maintained to an exact standard at all times.
- Personally lead shop-floor problem resolution at the point of execution through the use of standardized Lean tools (3C).
- Ensure rigorous adherence to HSE disciplines within the two factories.
- Support the Quality Manager in developing and fostering a continuously improving Quality culture and performance.
- Support the company growth strategy regarding production equipment and processes for obsolescence, capacity and space generation.
Suitable Production Manager will have:
- Minimum of Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in results driven production manufacturing environment is essential.
- Experience of a high volume results - focused Lean Manufacturing environment is essential.
- Proven track record of making improvements across the business
£35,000 - £40,000 depending on experience