My client is looking for a SQL developer who will be responsible for designing databases and ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance. You will also work other developers optimizing in-application SQL statements as necessary, and establishing best practices. You will help solve all database usage issues and come up with ideas and advice that can help avoid such problems in the future.
- Help write and optimize in-application SQL statements
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Handle common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, and optimize and tweak as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Software application development
- Strong proficiency with SQL and its variation among popular databases
- Experience with some of the modern relational databases
- Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Capable of troubleshooting common database issues
- Familiar with tools that can aid with profiling server resource usage and optimizing it