My client based in North Tyneside are looking for a Accounts Assistant to join their busy, vibrant team.
To be suitable for this role, you will ideally have between 2 and 3 years’ experience of Bookkeeping in an accountancy practise environment. Needless to say, this post requires organisation, excellent skills and the ability to work independently in a demanding office environment with tight deadlines.
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating and posting transactions.
- Dealing with sales invoices, income, receipts and payments.
- Balances Subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Enforcing adherence to requirement; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must have knowledge of SAGE, IRIS XERO and other cloud based systems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Confident telephone manner as dealing with clients on a daily basis alongside the HMRC.
- Completing VAT returns.
This is a fulltime permanent position.
Monday - Thursday 8.45am - 5pm / Friday 9am - 4pm.